Title: Product Owner
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Trimble Transportation is in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers both mobility, enterprise and visibility software tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. As the leading provider of Transportation Management Software (TMS), Asset Management Software (AMS), and Fleet Management Software (FMS) we are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimize operations.
As a Product Owner, the successful candidate will be excited about the opportunity to disrupt the industry and transform the business. The Product Owner represents the interests of the customer. The successful candidate will have key skills in both eliciting and translating customer feedback into features and solutions which align with the product strategy. They will have the ability to be decisive in making decisions and communicating them after evaluating appropriate information. Additionally, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable presenting in front of large groups. They must be able to learn new software and other technology quickly, and must have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. They will have some experience in teaching or training other users, and be able to translate technical content to non-technical users. Finally, a good Product Owner is an open-minded, inquisitive individual who likes to work in a team, but who also has the ability to work independently in a self-directed environment.
- Conduit between business & technical teams (aligns business & development).
- Collaborate with other Product Owners, Product Managers, and Leadership to align on future product enhancements in the formation of a road-map.
- Engage with customer experience, SMEs, and customers to understand workflows and extrapolate requirements.
- Drive the breakdown of large solution requirements into an executable backlog.
- Refine requirements with the team and accepts completed work.
- Makes the tough calls on scope and content within the delivery cycle.
- Responsible for the health and prioritization of the product backlog based on business priorities, events and dependencies with other teams.
- Conducts customer acceptance testing.
- Work closely with one to three engineering teams to deliver new product features and capabilities (member of the agile delivery team).
- Communicate priority and delivery goals to ensure alignment with Leadership.
- Actively participates in delivery team meetings and is available to answer team questions.
- Coordinates with other Product Owners, delivery teams, and shared services to ensure delivery success.
- Provide support and training to other Trimble staff on product use and technical product details.
- Create product training content including videos and demonstration tools.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to ensure cross functional teams are aligned and prepared for product release.
- Support and generate product launch materials as necessary.
- Participate in industry trade associations, technical working groups, seminars, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in a product development environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, computer science, or engineering.
- Transportation industry experience
- Experience with data analysis
- Domain Knowledge
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D