Security Analyst Operations Center (SOC) - Preferred Qualifications
Trimble Cloud Security Operations Center
Security operations is a Security Analyst who provides dedicated “eyes on glass” monitoring and analysis capability for SOC operations. The SOC Analyst will conduct analysis of security events to include validation, escalation and reporting of events of interest based on the guidelines and event handlers provided to them. The SOC Analyst will be responsible for supporting implementation of security tools such as static code analysis (Sonar) Dynamic Web/API Scanning tools and will make sure tickets are continuously monitored and reviewed.
· Monitoring and analysis of cyber security events
· Services monitored will include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Dynamic Web Application Scanning
Static Code Analysis
Open Source Code Analysis
· Security Event Correlation and Reporting to appropriate Tier 2 Security Analyst or Incident Response staff or relevant sources to determine increased risk to the business
· Recognize potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
· Working with the Incident Response team to help create RCA’s for events escalated to incident levels
· Development and execution of Standard Operating Procedures, Event Handlers and Job Aids required for successful task completion
· Security Operations Center (SOC) environment experience with at least 5 years of IT to include 2+ years of related SOC and incident monitoring experience a MUST
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and 3 years of experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or related field
· Experience with SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Security Event Correlation
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience with technical writing
· Possess an understanding of security standards and risk management
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Possess the ability to adjust and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
· Be able to multi-task and be pro-active in addressing issues and requests
· Possess technical acumen and the ability to understand and interpret technical specifications
Desirable certifications include: SANS GIAC GCED; GCIH; GCFA; GREM; GIAC GOLD. ISC CCFP; CSIH. EC Council ECSA; CHFI; ECIH
Travel Component: None.
Position Location: On-site at Trimble office in Chennai/Brasov
As part of employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Assists in executing security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Assists in researching attempted efforts to compromise security protocols.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving. Ability to travel as necessary. Preferred 2 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.