Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Within the Intelligent Construction Tools division (a Trimble and Hilti Joint Venture) we have the following exciting opening
The Technical Architect is responsible for working with the project teams to establish product requirements and develop fully tested software to meet established requirements. Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, working within the established process framework, and demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
● Good understanding of operating systems principles, software architectures, software algorithms and software engineering principles
● Proficient in Java and strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
● Proficient in Distributed computing, and Design patterns.
● Experience with working on SaaS/PaaS based applications
● Hands on experience designing and developing Service Oriented Architecture applications and RESTful services using JEE, Spring and Tomcat.
● Deep Development experience on SQL Technologies, handling SQL related programming, debugging, developing stored procedures etc.,
● HTML5 and CSS
● Experience developing and deploying scalable applications in a Cloud environment – AWS, Azure etc.
● Source control such as Git / Bitbucket
● Good analytical and problem solving skills.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Upbeat, highly motivated and self-starter.
Responsibility and Accountability:
● 7 plus years of professional experience with progressive level of responsibility
● Solid understanding of main architectural principles and experience in solution management within a Microservice environment.
● Experience in overseeing and directing development teams throughout the project development lifecycleCompletely accountable for own work and work of own team.
● Participate in requirement collections, competitive product study, market study etc.,
● Decompose design elements into structured code as per prevailing coding guidelines, preparation and execution of test cases and development of test codes or test harnesses. Trace back through code, design and resolve issues and bugs.
● Translate high level product description or requirement document and propose one or more software designs at the module level.
● Document work, software designs, code and record and produce test reports.
● Present work to team for review or other purposes.
● Participate in reviews of work done by peers and provide constructive feedback.
● Sub-Module level responsibility in large projects and Module (or component) level responsibility in small / medium sized projects and complete responsibility is small sized projects, depending upon the complexity and decomposition.
● Be contemporary, by adopting technological and market evolutions.
● Estimate, plan and organize own work and work of a small team with very little or moderate supervision.
● Ensure team motivation and morale.
● Ensure smooth execution of projects with peer coordination and support.
ICT aims at delivering break-through technology applications in the domains of mobile, connected internet, and customer data analytics for ICT B2C customers. It is an exciting fast pace evolving environment where clear focus, creativity, agile delivery and proactive stakeholders engagement is key to success.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D