Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting for a New Product Introduction Specialist to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, New Zealand.
The NPI Specialist is responsible for all aspects of demand management and material planning and buying in support of new product introduction. The NPI Specialist also owns the item master, the integrity of the Bill of Material, the pre-production material pipeline, and certain aspects of the project schedule. In addition, role will contribute to the ongoing development and continuous improvement of new product introduction procedures and processes. This position reports to the NPI Manager.
- Responsible for NPI forecasts (both box and board); managing and owning all aspects of the integrity of the NPI demand line, from engineering build and prototype, through pilot, pre-production ramp, and production release.
- Owns the item master, insuring all fields of the item master are complete and correctly configured.
- Owns the integrity of the BOM in conjunction with Product Engineering, insuring that all required components of the BOM are in place and properly structured prior to production release.
- Performs BOM health scrubs on NPI PCBAs, highlighting and escalating component obsolescence issues.
- Responsible for the maintenance of NPI work orders, including opening, closing, and resolving variances.
- Responsible for the transition to production release, including the creation and submission of the production release ECO, insuring that all data elements are correctly adjusted in the item master, BOMs are accurate, documentation is available and complete.
- Responsible for the disposition of ECOs, including the assignment of quantity and costs, physical disposition of scrap material and initiation of replacement/additional material.
- Responsible for all coordinating prototype and pilot PCBA assembly and test, working with identified CEM partners, communicating schedules, resolving shortages, etc.
- Responsible for the correct transactional/physical movement of engineering purchased material.
- Responsible for the planning of all the material associated with proto/pilot builds as well as ensuring that material is in the pipeline for the production ramp plan.
- Responsible for communicating any/all exceptions -material not on order, late deliveries, all process problems which delay cycle time, or BOM issues that may negatively impact product release schedules.
- Participates in quarterly cost roll activity
- Participates in NPI/Focus team meetings and is responsible for objectives as assigned by those teams.
- Maintains metrics measuring prototype cycle time, aged work orders, invoice discrepancies
- Writes and distributes a weekly status report
Characteristics / Skills
- Excellent working knowledge of repetitive manufacturing, Just-in-Time (JIT) manufacturing, demand flow and inventory control techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good team building abilities, able to encourage people to work together.
- Must be able to influence and lead functional teams to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of production planning for multi-level, highly configurable products.
- Minimum 3 years of direct master scheduling experience.
- Minimum 3 years use of Omar/ASK ManMan database or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Demand Solutions software a plus.
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D