Title: Regional Sales Representative - VDC Software
Location: Westminster, CO, San Diego, CA, Knoxville, TN, or Toronto, ON
Trimble is on a search for our next Regional Sales Representative(s). This person will join the Americas MEP Inside Software sales organization supporting Trimble’s MEP business unit
The right individual is a talented, experienced and highly competitive sales professional that thrives in an inside sales, outbound proactive prospecting role and will be responsible for evangelizing, promoting and selling Trimble’s MEP Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) software solutions to new prospective customers within a region. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
Trimble MEP’s VDC software products include industry leading 3D Modeling, Design, Detailing and Fabrication solutions that are driving digital transformations in building construction. Join our team and help us transform the way the world works!
- You will not be operating alone, rather you will join a regional VDC software sales team that includes regional sales managers, account managers, sales engineering and customer success.
- Working in conjunction with your regional sales team, you will execute the sales plan for your region - a plan which will result in the team exceeding regional sales goals
- Contact targeted prospective new customers in the Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Construction industry to uncover sales opportunities and in so doing you will assess the potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs
- Prospect and uncover qualified sales opportunities through outbound cold calling, warm calling, targeted email campaigns, and social media campaigns.
- Diligently follow up and qualify all inbound sales leads
- In some cases, you will own, manage, and drive the full sales cycle from the first contact through negotiation/close
- In other cases, you will support the Regional Sales Manager to bring opportunities to closure
- You must learn and understand our customers’ needs and requirements and probe to uncover cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Prepare weekly and monthly territory sales forecasts and maintain your sales pipeline.
- Track weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Quote prices, credit terms, and other specifications as well as negotiate pricing and terms of sales and service agreements
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained and submit orders for processing
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and credit terms
- Create and maintain detailed and current customer records leveraging Salesforce.com
- Identify and target prospective customers by all means necessary including business directories, leads from existing clients, your participation in MEP organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- There is limited travel required in this role (annual sales events and occasional trade show)
- Minimum of 3 years proven sales experience
- A track record of consistently achieving quota
- Strong phone presence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Easily and confidently navigate Microsoft Office and Google’s suite of tools
- Experience working in Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Software sales background
- Familiarity with the MEP construction process
- Exposure / understanding VDC software
- BA/BS degree or equivalent strongly preferred
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D