Title: Senior Director, Product Marketing
Location: Portland, OR
As Sr. Director, Product Marketing you will be responsible for leading a team of “Chief Marketing Officers” in creating and executing outbound go to market strategies for the Viewpoint solution suite. This highly visible role will lead and own the development of booking and customer adoption targets, market positioning, messaging, and sales enablement programs for Viewpoint’s construction software portfolio. In these efforts you will have a comprehensive understanding of construction market trends and customer needs – including business workflows and solution requirements. You will also lead opportunities to incorporate solutions from the broader Trimble portfolio into Viewpoint and develop the go to market strategies for broader Viewpoint – Trimble integrated solutions.
Your success will be derived from your ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits and to lead the passionate representation of these benefits to both customers and to Viewpoint’s go to market organizations. You and your team will be the voice of Viewpoint and Viewpoint-Trimble solutions to customers and to our go to market teams. Through your passion, knowledge and leadership, your team will understand competitor strengths and weaknesses and will uncover additional opportunities for highly differentiated Viewpoint solutions.
In this high visibility leadership role you will motivate and develop a team that is the expert in developing effective go to market plans which drive value and demand for Viewpoint’s overall product portfolio.
- Go to market and marketing strategy – fully leverage the full spectrum of marketing methods and the experience to lead the team in deploying most impactful go to market and marketing strategies. Creatively define target customer segments and apply methods that complement demand generation and sales enablement to achieve desired results.
- Product Segmentation and Positioning – lead a product marketing team that integrates market, competitor, and product knowledge into differentiated statements of product value. Define target customer segments that lead to the foundation of product’s initial go to market business plan and marketing strategy.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on construction market trends, analyze competitor strengths and weaknesses and publish findings; translate market intelligence into developing highly differentiated and value based product go to market plans.
- Customer insight – through constant customer engagement, be the passionate and trusted voice of Viewpoint to customers and become knowledgeable on customer needs including information/education required to fill customer knowledge gaps on product benefits; acquire intelligence and share findings through customer interviews, surveys and focus group sessions; be proficient in buyer profiles, how they buy and their buying criteria.
- Product knowledge – grasp product functionality and lead the team in translating technical capabilities into benefits; effectively & passionately describe solution value and differentiations
- Go to market enablement – define and develop sales enablement activities including the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products.
- Product thought leadership – create product thought leadership assets including white papers, blog articles, presentations and other content that increases product attractiveness and awareness.
- Product launch – plan and oversee the launch of new products and releases; represent the voice of the market and the customer at the cross-functional product team meetings.
- Product packaging - identify promotions and product bundles that drive differentiated value and create interest and demand for product.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales or marketing.
- 7+ year’s product marketing, marketing, or sales leadership experience within the high technology industry.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Experience in hiring and managing motivated team of high tech professionals.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for a passport are required. Also required is the ability to qualify for a company credit card or possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses.
- Product management, product marketing, or marketing experience in a software company is strongly preferred
- General knowledge of enterprise software.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D