Trimble Jena GmbH belongs to Trimble Inc./USA, a worldwide leading enterprise in businesses for optical and GNSS positioning systems. A high scale of quality standards combined with extraordinary power of innovation is the basic principle for the success of Trimble. We offer advantages of a successful engineering company with a payment referring the tariff contract between the Professional Association of Metal- and Electronics Industry with the IG Metal Union, including performance-oriented benefits, 30 days of vacation and vacation pay as well as a proportional 13th month payment, participation on company’s success as like saving through equity investments and quarterly profit sharing.
For our Jena facility we want to hire a professional and humanly convincing personality at the earliest possible date for a Software/Firmware Engineer Development of Geodetic Surveying Systems
Firmware development for embedded microprocessor systems for new and existing optical positioning instruments. Development of PC based applications for instrument diagnostics and testing as well as for production and service.
Measures of Success:
- Contributes authoritative technical expertise in a particular technical area, which can be used in multiple systems.
- Generates inputs to his/her own task plans and schedules.
- Identifies and develops new software technologies for new or existing products.
- Assumes leadership role in day-to-day technical issues.
- Conducts and generates input to the software design review.
- Supports the testing processes for development, production and service.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have programming capabilities in C, C++ and/or .NET/C#
- Knowledge in programming under Linux embedded or other OS like FreeRTOS is welcome
- Knowledge in FPGA programming is welcome
- Windows PC application programming is welcome
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be capable of persuading and influencing others.
- Technical skills as required by the projects (e.g., E-CAD design, instrumentation (test equipment).
- Must be able to identify, manage and communicate risks.
- Effective in both firmware design and implementation.
Furthermore, we expect a fluency in English and German language. Besides your professional skills you offer a communicative and team oriented functioning with all of your internal and external business partners.