Trimble is recruiting for a Manager, Data Analytics to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO or Dayton, OH.
This position at Trimble will have exposure to executives and employees in many of Trimble’s different business lines and functions. Successful individuals are encouraged to transfer jobs within Trimble.
We are looking for curious, collaborative, articulate, and enthusiastic individuals for the following:
- Design the data analytics program related to financial controls, including defining the analytics needed, risk monitoring activities, and early detection programs.
- Provide data to Finance, Accounting and Internal Audit to support control monitoring and testing.
- Identify risks and opportunities related to the control environment
- Implementing data analytics programs at recently-acquired divisions and advising re: M&A topics
- Managing audits of the company’s technology, evaluating risks and controls for IT infrastructure, security, and engineering processes
- Supervision of IT general control audits using data analytics.
- Reviewing and preparing work papers and writing audit observations and recommendations
- Identify and recommend changes to test procedures based on knowledge of data
- Support Internal Audit, Accounting, and rest of the Finance group with data analysis and observations.
- Develop effective working relationships with company line management
- Demonstrate the use of good judgment, communication skills, and discretion
Skills & Experience Required:
- BA / BS / BBA Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related area
- 4+ years of experience in data management and data analytic roles including relational databases, proven knowledge of data science, and some knowledge of basic accounting and controls.
- Exposure to AI and Machine Learning software.
- Demonstrated experience using analytics to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of controls or use of data
- Strong ability to recruit, develop and manage high-performing team members
- Experience in a technology business; familiarity with key business controls applicable to software and hardware business models
- Documentation, excellent communication, and business partnering skills are required
- Good working knowledge of Google Applications and MSFT suite
- Knowledge of Oracle, NetSuite, and other integrated ERP systems is preferred
- Capability to make effective oral presentations of ideas and recommendations
- Travel can be expected – up to 20%
- Certifications such as CFE, CICS, CMA, CPA, CIA, CCSA, AND CISA receive priority attention
- Preferred experience with revenue recognition accounting rules related to services, software, SaaS, and hardware (ASC 605 and 606)
- Preferred experience in any of the following areas- information security, IT risk management experience (ISO27001, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, and others), web technologies, cloud computing, DevOps environments and service-oriented architecture (SOA) software
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D