Sr. Detailer - Electrical (Denver, CO)
Our MEP VDC team is a cutting edge group of individuals with both exceptional software and trade knowledge, we work with a diverse body of customers to assist them in constructing new and impressive projects all over the world. It is our vision to partner with each of our clients to provide them the most effective workflow for their business from Virtual Design Construction to Prefabrication. Our organization utilizes a variety of distinctive software, including software that Trimble owns and develops. Our team also has the opportunity to work with other internal Trimble groups to test software and give valuable feedback for continued development.
Trimble is looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Detailing Technician to join our MEP Virtual Design Construction team. In this role, you will be leading one or more teams of virtual trade detailers. You will be working one on one with clients to help determine their needs and clearly communicating these needs to our detailing team and ensuring that all work performed meets required codes as well as the customer’s expectations. You will be engaging with the subcontractors and other project stakeholders as well as leading coordination meetings. The position is in Westminster, Co.
- Leading a team of Detailers and Junior Detailers, responsible for delegating associated work as well as QCing work performed. Mentoring, coaching and providing feedback to the team for continual growth & development.
- Familiarize oneself with Statement of Work and clearly communicate scope to detailing team
- Reviewing construction documents, specifications and submittals for proper implementation into the project, communicate requirements to detailing team and identify any conflicting information and bring to the client's attention.
- Advanced design and detailing specific to electrical trade utilizing a variety of 3D authoring software including Revit, Trimble Field Points, and Trimble Sysque, in-depth knowledge of electrical codes both international and local to the project location.
- Extensive coordination work utilizing Navisworks Manage including model setup with clash detection, regular updates, and audits of the models utilizing Sherlock software, identifying viewpoints and giving direction to detailing team
- Leading coordination meetings and participation in all other project-related meetings.
- Generate, develop, review, log and assist in managing RFI’s, submittals, contract documents & specification information
- Develop estimates based on 2D construction drawings and 3D design models
- Effectively communicate with external stakeholders during the coordination and construction process
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to ensure the satisfaction of deliverables
- 3D CAD and BIM research and troubleshooting
- Positive attitude and experienced customer service skills
- Ability to effectively lead and build a high performing team
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Hard-working, self-motivated, professional demeanor and conduct
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask, delegate and plan effectively
- Commitment to detail, deadlines, and goal-oriented.
- Possession of analytical problem-solving abilities
- An innovative mindset to initiate continuous improvement among team
- Electrical experience on commercial or industrial projects required
- Experience in prefabrication detailing and design required
- Revit, Trimble Field Points and/or Trimble Sysque software experience required
- Solid understanding of the construction industry and processes with a working background in construction trades or supervisory experience with a general contractor or large subcontractor
- Extensive knowledge of Structural and MEP trades shop drawings, common field problems and how to resolve them
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of previous commercial construction experience required
- 5+ years working for an electrical contractor
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D