Title: GPS System Test Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Trimble is the market leader in precision high-performance GPS systems. We are seeking a self-motivated GPS System Test engineer with disciplined implementation and analytical skills to join the engineering team. In this position you will join a tight-knit team of talented developers and testers in a stable and supportive work environment, where you can quickly see the positive impact of your efforts. You will interact closely with software, hardware, system engineering, and test teams to continue widening our advantage in leading-edge GPS systems meeting the most demanding performance needs, such as aircraft navigation.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that promotes transparency and accountability, and you would like to be part of this exciting and growing business, then we’d love to hear from you. The successful applicant will have a BS in EE, CS, or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of experience performing black-box testing of embedded GPS receivers, using bench test equipment including signal and scenario simulators.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Expertise with Spirent GPS signal simulators or equivalent, RF signal generators, and test equipment, to perform scenario-based black-box system performance, functional, and interface testing of GPS receivers
- Experience establishing and managing a structured test lab environment, specifying test equipment and configurations
- Demonstrated experience developing and documenting formal test plans based on system specifications and requirements; developing structured test procedures and test reports; and tracing from requirements to test
- Experience developing and coding test software scripts and utilities for managing test equipment and post-processing test data.
- Collaborative, team-oriented contributor with demonstrated ability to think outside the box and achieve goals
- Must demonstrate strong communication, organization, planning, and documentation skills
- Embedded GPS receivers in aviation navigation applications
- Military GPS receivers and messaging interface protocols (167, 153)
- Architecture and development of automated test capabilities and tools
Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required. Applicants must clearly indicate citizenship and any previous DoD security clearance activity.
We are Trimble! We design, build, and maintain roads and buildings. We survey land and subdivide areas into cities. We improve crop yield in farms to feed and fuel cities. We track vehicles that transport goods from point A to B to support the economy and feed cities. We have solutions that meet the needs of the eco-system. This is the universe we live in and this is what we do. We transform the way the world works.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D