Trimble MAPS is a transportation technology company dedicated to defining the optimal route to success. We achieve this through innovative routing, mileage, mapping and mobile navigation solutions. From trusted industry standard data to seamless integration, Trimble MAPS solutions are used by a broad range of industries, workforce, and everyday drivers on the road. For over 35 years, its suite of powerful solutions, which includes PC*MILER, CoPilot, and Trimble Maps, have set the foundation for safe and efficient journeys worldwide – one mile, one driver, one vehicle at a time.
Why Trimble MAPS?
Our technology platform generates 20 Million routes per day. We are able to handle 50,000 locations/minute to compute routes in real time. There are 20 million locations mapped in our database and it’s growing every day. From day one, our engineers have the opportunity to influence products that shapes the future of our company.
We’re looking for senior software engineers that are passionate about solving technically complex problems. Software Engineers at Trimble MAPS are responsible for designing, implementing, deploying, and monitoring web applications and web services. We’re specifically looking for engineers that are strong in object oriented programming in a service oriented architecture. Ideal candidate will have deep understanding of algorithms and data structures, OO design principles, implementing microservices in the cloud and strong in debugging and problem solving. Additionally, we expect our senior engineers to extend and maintain existing web applications and services. They are role models for junior engineers which means they are expected to mentor them on architecture, design and coding best practices.
- BS in Computer Science, or similar degree
- Extensive experience in C#
- Excellent coding, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, highly scalable web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, micro services, and efficient algorithms
- Track record of focusing on software performance, scalability, and security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs for highly scalable SaaS implementations
- Experience using NoSQL technologies
- Cloud infrastructure and container experience (AWS, Docker)
- Expertise using relational databases, designing schemas, and writing/optimizing SQL
Trimble MAPS is located on Route 1 in Princeton, NJ in a new office beautifully designed to support our recent and expected future growth. Princeton is conveniently located between New York City and Philadelphia. Trimble MAPS offers great benefits such as a generous PTO package, paid healthcare, 401K, stock options, ESPP, education reimbursement, and many wellness initiatives. We also offer flexible schedules, casual dress, volunteer opportunities, child care discounts, and a corporate women’s network.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D