Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting a Software Engineer - Manufacturing to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, New Zealand.
The Manufacturing Software Engineer is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of manufacturing support software for complex PC tablet, handheld data-collector and GNSS receiver products and for the development of manufacturing support software for new products, working with project teams to establish functional-test, configuration and reporting requirements. Our manufacturing test and configuration infrastructure relies on distributed components running across the desktop, Android and Windows platforms and back-end web-services.
Success in this position involves working effectively with the Hardware, Firmware and Product Engineers and external partners within the established process, demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and quality.
- Own the manufacturing software framework. Maintain functional-test support for existing products, implement test support for new products and extend the framework as appropriate, using C# with WCF, WPF and MEF.
- Provide support of the software through the creation of design documentation or the performance of defect isolation and resolution.
- Work closely with Product Engineers and manufacturing partners to ensure the continuity of the production-test process.
- Work with the wider engineering team to define and implement functional test support for new products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of software development experience.
- Software design & architecture experience using .NET technologies, especially WCF, WPF, MEF, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Design Patterns and demonstrated ability to use them in software development.
- Ability to work independently as well as with the other engineering team members to implement the software and provide effective technical solutions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Must be able to identify, manage and communicate risk.
- Some international travel may be required.
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D