Title: Electronics Engineer - Embedded Systems
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Become a member of a team of electrical engineers to design, develop and support board-level digital and analog hardware for high precision GNSS and Communications products used in Engineering and Construction applications. Activities include embedded system architecture, detailed design, and mentoring. A successful candidate will be a digital electrical engineer with the drive and skills to create new products.
- Participate in developing integrated project plans, design objectives, implementation schedules and cost estimates
- Participate in mixed signal design of analog and digital circuitry and validation of GNSS Receivers and Communication products
- Provide input for overall embedded digital architecture
- Participate in board-level design and validation of electronic circuits including component selection, schematic generation, PCB layout, new product introduction support, engineering test, product qualification and system integration support
- Execute design validation test plans and participate in board-level and system level resolve/debug issues found
- Analyze, document and publish test results
Skills & Experience Required:
- BSEE or MSEE with 1-3 years’ experience associated with mixed signal, embedded board-level in a high technology environment.
- Understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals, comprehending schematics, embedded system digital circuit design, high-speed layout, DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices; and working understanding of instrumentation, control systems and power electronics and power supply design.
- Experience with developing project scope and project deliverables from product requirements provided by the marketing team.
- Experience in building, debugging and testing electronic circuits
- Knowledge of serial communication buses (i.e., CAN, SPI, I2C),
- Familiar schematic tools and PCB layout techniques
- Familiar with the usage of oscilloscopes, meters, load and power supplies
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent decision making and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to develop, organize, and manage multiple tasks
- Self-starter and work with minimal supervision
We are Trimble! We design, build, and maintain roads and buildings. We survey land and subdivide areas into cities. We improve crop yield in farms to feed and fuel cities. We track vehicles that transport goods from point A to B to support the economy and feed cities. We have solutions that meet the needs of the eco-system. This is the universe we live and this is what we do. We transform the way the world works.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D