Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting for a Hardware Engineering Manager to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
This management position has multiple facets:
- Strong people leadership for the engineering team, including a mix of hardware, software and test engineers.
- Hands-on management approach actively contributing to new product developments.
- Continuous improvement in product development processes.
- Driving progress in technical innovation to reach key program milestones.
- Actively participate in the business decision making process for the division.
Measures of Success:
- Creates a collaborative environment that fosters innovation and stimulates high performance in the engineering team.
- Interacts effectively with all functional areas as well as with customers, suppliers, field sales, CMs/ODMs, and division management.
- Has very clear and concise communication skills
- Manages product development to simultaneously meet release schedules, product requirements and development budgets.
- Successfully balances resources between new product development and sustaining engineering projects.
- Implements quality assurance processes to satisfy the high quality expectations of major accounts in the automotive and transportation markets.
- Challenges development team members to achieve extraordinary performance and advises the team to solve complex technical problems.
- Responsible for creating an environment that encourages collaboration, fosters innovation, and stimulates high performance.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A BSEE or MSEE with experience developing electronic hardware running embedded firmware.
- A few years of experience as a lead engineer, program manager or engineering manager with experience, building, leading and motivating a team of hardware and software engineers in a fast paced environment.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working through complex technical issues with major customers and suppliers.
- Strong failure analysis and analytical problem solving skills.
- Embraces innovation and new technology evaluation and adaptation
- Demonstrated formal and informal leadership ability.
- Experience working in a matrixed and decentralized organizational structure is highly desirable.
- Experience designing Android based displays
- Experience designing Linux based Electronic Control Modules
- Product development for high-volume products exposed to the harsh environments found in automotive and heavy equipment applications.
- Familiarity with GNSS, WiFi, Bluetooth and other similar radio technologies.
- Familiarity with control of Construction Machines
- Managing outsourced development projects, ODMs and/or projects mixing internal and outsourced engineering resources.
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D