Title: Product Manager, OEM Solutions
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Reports to: Business Area Director, OEM Solutions
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
This is a new and exciting Product Manager opportunity, available in the OEM Solutions Business Area, in our Civil Engineering & Construction Division. This business is a vibrant and critical part of Trimble's overall portfolio, where we are exploring new horizons and building long term OEM partnerships. We work together internationally; enjoy an informal work environment; and collaborate with team members based throughout many locations world-wide, who are committed to getting results.
The Product Manager assists in the planning and implementation of projects that support the product, business area and OEM. Supports the orchestration of all organizational elements in order to achieve total product success as measured by revenue growth, market position, and profitability.
This position requires active involvement in many facets of the product marketing and management process, including driving understanding of OEM needs, development of product requirement documents, working closely with multiple development teams, product parts management, product releases, product training, and product pricing.
- Interact with personnel at OEM locations from various departments such as engineering, marketing, training, and support groups.
- Communicate project changes to the Business Area Director and the Business Development Manager(s) as they arise.
- Actively manage and maintain the OSG roadmap and advocate items in the roadmap to the CTCT organization for consideration in the development roadmap.
- Develop and maintain written processes and guidelines which will ensure more efficient management of OEM partner activity as it relates to cross-functional departments within Trimble.
- Assist System Engineering, Application Engineering, and Project Management in analyzing and creating Trimble Ready and Factory Fit solutions to address new machines presented by OEMs.
- Work with OSG Operations to ensure timely creation of new part numbers through Agile and Oracle.
- Work with OEM Solutions Program Management and execute OEM related projects and activities.
- Assist in the analysis and development of pricing models to ensure target margins are maintained or exceeded when supplying Trimble solutions to OEMs.
- Develop / assist in the development of relevant training material that can be used to educate both SITECH and OEM training departments on new developments in OEM specific products.
- Provide special installation training for SITECH and OEM training departments as the need is identified.
- Assist Application Engineering when necessary in the design of mounting brackets, wirings, and hydraulic systems necessary to complete system installations. Effectively document with pictures, drawings, and descriptions.
- Act as the primary reviewer of OEM related product documentation such as data sheets and machine specific installation manuals.
- Provide training to and work with Global Services (GS) on OEM specific product/system developments, to ensure GS can offer world-class support to our SITECH organization, and if necessary OEM support organizations.
- Participate in reviews and generating responses to OEM Requests for Proposal (RFPs) as instructed.
- Provide input to OEM Business Development Manager(s) on a regular basis with respect to product performance, product testing, market analysis, competitor activities, product/marketing needs, and requirements.
- Assist in coordinating and participating in OEM corporate distributor demonstrations conducted by Trimble or the OEM.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as construction management, land surveying engineering, or civil engineering.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience.
- 1+ years of experience with advanced positioning and guidance software in construction earthworks, underground utilities, construction land surveying, earthmoving equipment manufacturer (OEM), and/or distributor environments.
- Knowledge and experience with mobile application development models, go-to-market strategies, and eCommerce.
- Must be capable of building productive relationships in a team-based environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand the audience and modify the message for the audience.
- Must be able to accept a high level of personal responsibility for product success in an environment of ambiguity and shared resources.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in parallel, take ownership, and drive projects to conclusion or resolution without daily detailed management.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate the willingness to be a change agent and challenge conventional wisdom.
- Candidates should be comfortable working in an office environment and in outdoor environments such as construction sites, paving projects, landfills, and mining operations.
- Ability to travel 25%-30% or more, internationally and domestically - In certain months, travel may exceed this percentage but over the course of a calendar year should equate to 25%-30%.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D