Trimble has an opportunity for a Second Shift Production Supervisor in our Dayton, Ohio location
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Second Shift Production Supervisor leads the second shift assembly and kitting team for the Trimble distribution center, reporting directly to the Operations Manager and coordinating with the First Shift Production Supervisor.
- Oversees job order completions, quality functions, as well as staffing to determine personnel and requirements and priorities.
- Monitors workflow; addresses day-to-day problems.
- Supervises day-to-day warehouse operations.
- Coordinates shift handoff meetings and priorities.
- Coordinates all operation functions and communicates with management, customers,
- sales, and distribution as needed.
- Directs, motivates, and oversees training, development, and performance management for assigned personnel.
- Develops, implements, and ensures proper procedures are followed to ensure work is processed, moved, and transacted with the highest level of accuracy.
- Oversees and executes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, 3-5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous logistics/warehousing experience preferred.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and SQL/relational databases is highly desirable.
- Six Sigma background is a plus.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
- Positive team attitude.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams.
- Leadership skills with the ability to effectively delegate work to subordinates and the ability to evaluate and positively influence performance.
- Ability to work irregular hours during peak times.
- Ability to accurately count and weigh items.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to read and compare written information.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop, foster, and maintain carrier and partner relationships.
Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and stand. Constant lifting of 20-30 lbs, occasional lifting/moving of 50 lbs. Will reach, bend, twist, push and pull. Use hands, arms and fingers to operate hand-held scanner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a general warehouse. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate. Material handling equipment is used to reach products stored on the upper racks in the warehouse.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D