Title: Sr. VDC Consultant
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Department: Trimble Consulting Services
Reports to: Sr. Director of Consulting Services
Our AEC technology development and consulting practice provides leading edge solutions to the industry's most challenging projects. Our clients include some of the most recognized international architects, engineers, contractors, and owners working on some of the world's most ambitious projects. We engage with forward thinking clients and push the boundaries of art and science in project delivery. Trimble supports the adoption of BIM technology and processes through project based services, allowing teams to advance their use of these critical systems while meeting project schedules. We provide training and knowledge transfer as part of every engagement. Our project teams can innovate with confidence, while serving shared goals of highest quality, speed, and maximum value.
As Senior VDC Consultant you are responsible for the implementation of digital design methods and tools on a range of project phases and types, with a focus on advanced systems.
In conjunction with a Project Manager you will define, design and implement project solutions for architects, engineers and builders. Daily tasks include building process and technical standards, technology configuration and implementation, automation via scripting and leading/participating in internal and external project teams.
As Senior Consultant, you have developed advanced capabilities in multiple technical areas and are capable of defining & leading technical missions. You have demonstrated advanced abilities to work with clients, communicate, and problem-solve, and are a valuable contribute to your team and the project team.
Review and develop advanced BIM/VDC systems and platforms for both project teams and organizations.
- Exhibited superior client-management and team-management and leadership skills.
- Comfortable leading teams, defining goals from the perspective of the Trimble Client, and managing project schedules.
- Define and map key project processes, and continuously seek ways to improve and eliminate waste.
- Develop and host workshops, attend and actively participate in large project meetings to present and defend the deliverables of Trimble and those of its partners.
- Develop well-structured documents including scope of work, client communication, and written deliverables describing project vision, mission, organization and work plans.
- Liaise with a Director on client management, project invoicing, and operations.
Skills & Experience Required:
5+ years of professional experience
- Graduate degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management
- Experience in industry standard and advanced digital design tools
- Experience in integrating multiple technology platforms
- Skill Areas:
- Strategic Advisory & Workshops Facilitation
- Process Mapping & Design
- Design Management & Coordination
- Data Analytics & Analytics
- Building Systems Optimization
- Scripting & Automation Systems
- Fabrication Data Processing
- Construction Modeling & Simulation
- Scheduling & Production Control
- Supply Chain Integration & Logistics
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D