Title: Quality Assurance Analyst II
Location: Coralville, IA
The Transportation Mobility Division of Trimble exists to make the roads safer, greener and better for everyone. Our employees bring this to life through imagination, teamwork and a true passion to disrupt the status quo and drive the future of the industry. By using innovative thinking and technology, we create software solutions that protect fleet drivers and the people out on the road. We share a relentless ambition to find new ways to improve a fleet’s bottom line, while making the world a greener place. Join some of the most brilliant minds in the transportation field, working together, to make a difference for our customers and the communities we serve.
Are you passionate about technology? Does collaborating with developers on a daily basis excite you? At Trimble Transportation, we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and our technology. We are seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to join an exciting, high-growth environment. The qualified candidate will have a strong focus on details, accuracy and problem solving, as well as dedication to delivering high quality software products. Come join us and help build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions.
- Responsible for all aspects of testing from identifying scope and scenarios to executing end-to-end testing on small to medium projects/features
- Subject matter expert of assigned product platform and an understanding of customer workflow
- Write test cases using writing standards against new functionality using acceptance criteria and user stories
- Report defects with accuracy and detail in accordance with bug writing standards; actively work with the development team on determining root cause, understanding customer impact and reaching resolution
- Assist in troubleshooting escalations and informing the team of risk and impact
- Accurately report status to QA project lead and during daily standups, works with the project team to help prioritize QA tasks required for the release of a project, understands and communicates impact of priority changes
- Aptitude for troubleshooting; proactively tries to solve issues encountered while testing
- Shows initiative and drives to meet deadlines; recognizes needs and shows drive to address.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Assurance processes and standards, suggest areas for improvement
- Strong self-initiative to learn, build relationships and advocate for high product quality.
- Receptive to feedback and takes direction on how to make adjustments.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance or equivalent experience
- Testing experience on mobile applications, Android OS, and full stack products
- Experience with executing and managing test automation scripts
- Proven ability troubleshooting complex issues to root cause
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed, dynamic and multicultural teams
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- Experience with test case management tools
- Experience with test automation
- Knowledge of firmware testing
- Knowledge of web and mobile device technologies
- Knowledge in fleet mobility and transportation industry
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D