Title: Agile Coach
Location: Maynard, MA
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com.
Our Transportation business provides comprehensive fleet and transportation management, analytics, routing, mapping, reporting and predictive modeling solutions to enable the transportation and logistics industry to achieve greater overall operational efficiency, fleet performance, and profitability while ensuring regulatory compliance.
Our employees bring this to life through imagination, teamwork and a true passion to disrupt the status quo and drive the future of the industry. By using innovative thinking and technology, we create software solutions that protect fleet drivers and the people out on the road. We share a relentless ambition to find new ways to improve a fleet’s bottom line, while making the world a greener place. Join some of the most brilliant minds in the transportation field, working together, to make a difference for our customers and the communities we serve.
The Agile Coach role is focused on coaching and empowering Scrum and Development Teams, Product Owners and the organization. As an Agile Coach, one should be passionate about coaching on all facets of Agile, building effective teams and coaching individuals to reach their potential. An Agile Coach is someone who is well-versed in Agile practices through hands-on experience. Additionally, they work to help leaders across the organization understand Agile and its benefits. This individual is someone who has experience in coaching, conflict management, mediation, facilitation, and interaction with executive level leadership. A candidate for this role is responsible for coaching both teams and individuals in best practices to influence the direction, predictability, and value output of teams.
The Agile Coach provides strategic vision and value around the application of Agile methods within the organization. They coach Agile principles, Scrum Values and Pillars, and guide teams on where they can inspect and adapt their behaviors to be Agile. The role is an Agile coach, not a dedicated Scrum Master.
Coaching Leadership- 10%
- A coach’s role is to observe, question and draw out the best in individuals and teams they work with
- Coach the organization, teams, and individuals on Agile best practices
- Educate on practices that advance organizational performance across Trimble Transportation
- Continue to build knowledge and skills through experience, conferences, and self-training
Coaching Scrum Roles- 15%
- A coach is an experienced Agile practitioner serving in a mentor type role to a new and/or inexperienced Scrum Master, Product Owner and/or Team.
- This means a coach educates and provides guidance but it is up to the teams to implement change, follow through self-organize and own their destiny.
- Experience acting as a facilitator, trainer, coach, and mentor for teams and organizations
- A coach may meet one on one with the Team members and Product Owners to coach them while also observing team events on occasion to better understand the unique situation of each team.
Sprint/Team Execution- 50%
- An Agile Coach is assigned several Scrum Teams to coach or they coach at a higher enterprise level and focus on teams that are new or struggling
- Work directly with individuals (Dev Team Members, Product Owners, and Leaders) to identify strengths and weaknesses of existing approaches, tools and dynamics
Team Development/Growth Opportunities 15%
- The team and Product Owners own metrics, information radiators, team improvement, and the embodiment of the Agile Principles. The Coach guides them on these but is not responsible for the implementation of them
- Knowledge and experience in multiple Agile frameworks
- Running regular Agile Assessments
- Baselining team agile execution and understanding to develop and drive agile maturity.
- 5+ years of experience using Agile Frameworks - prefer Scrum@Scale
- Scaled Agile experience
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- Experience Working with Executive Leadership
- Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- Experience with Scrum@Scale
- Advanced Scrum Master Certification (A-CSM)
- Experience leading small and large training sessions on Agile topics
- Ability to coach remote teams
- Up to 30% domestic travel
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D