Job Summary - Senior Software Engineer - Java & Android
Trimble is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (SE2) for their Core Product Development team in Chennai. Your focus will be on enhancing and adding new features using Java & Android technologies to Android software products developed by Trimble T&L.
Measures of Success:
- You participate in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit integration and system testing of software
- You provide ongoing sustaining support to the product, addressing end to end feature enhancements.
- You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
- You are a member of an agile development team, we are working with scrum methodology.
- You are a member of an agile development team and participate in the planning and execution of work items.
- You communicate about the work you are doing and the obstacles you encounter.
- You appreciate assistance from others when needed, but are also willing to provide it back to them.
- You report to the Software Development Manager
Target Capabilities and Skills:
- 4-6 years of total experience
- Strong coding skills in Java
- Experience with developing Android apps
- Experience with Native development using C is a plus
- Experience with working under Linux
- Experience with developing Java software in an embedded context is a plus
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be rigorous and deliver quality work
- Be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and be flexible
- Self-starter, Ability to work well in a small team with good communication skills.
- You are a strong team player but are able to work independently
- You are dedicated to delivering high quality and performant solutions
- You are eager to learn new things, you take ownership and want to get things done
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.