Title: Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Westminster, CO
Trimble loves UX and our teams are growing.
The Construction Sector at Trimble is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to lead a variety of UX projects.
You will be leading the User Experience research, strategy, and design for new application designs being created to serve the General Contractor market. In this role, you will be expected to have day-to-day hands-on involvement in all aspects of new product design, or design work on existing applications, across desktop, web, and mobile platforms. You will be responsible for the delivery of design documentation to the development teams with whom you will be closely working. The groups in which you will interact are dynamic teams consisting of product managers, developers, and other UX Designers.
What you will be asked to do:
- Create high-fidelity designs and refine those for delivery to development teams.
- Lead concept ideation workshops, build prototypes and lead concept validation.
- Utilize an existing Pattern Library and Style Guide to create new designs.
- Extend the Pattern Library and work with the Trimble UX Council on pushing new design patterns into the Trimble Design System.
- Conduct and supervise usability studies to optimize your designs for the end-users.
- Support implementation of high fidelity design by development teams.
- Establish a dual-track Agile project environment, become the local UX champion in terms of design planning and UX process integration.
- Work with PM and other stakeholders to identify new UX objectives for upcoming sprints, including UX research and design execution.
- Work with PM and marketing to recruit end-users and execute the research plan.
- Analyze the data and prepare compelling presentations of your findings.
- Create users personae, key task workflows, journey maps and other artifacts.
- Participate in UX Team meetings, and become a contributing part of the growing UX Community at Trimble.
- Structure and supervise the work of other designers to execute on your overall UX plan where applicable.
- 7+ years of experience in the User Experience Design field.
- Demonstrated success leading User Experience efforts and launching beautiful, useful and usable products.
- Demonstrated success organizing and leading small teams of designers.
- A passion and deep experience in designing for professional users, an understanding of workflow analysis and customer journey analysis.
- An interest in designing for engineering professionals and highly technical applications, where exact measurements, work efficiencies and designing for rough field conditions can be of great importance.
- Solid background in human-centered design, and expertise with user experience design process tools and best practices.
- Experience with conducting research, working with new technologies, and leveraging data to inform design strategy & direction.
- An innovative & strategic thinker who is skilled in interaction design, prototyping and comfortable working with new technologies.
- Comfortable working with global cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders.
- A willingness and interest in working on a team and obtaining design feedback from other UX Designers.
- An undergraduate or masters degree in user experience design, human-computer interaction, interaction design or the like.
- Solid experience with Sketch, Figma, XD and/or other design software, Invision, Abstract, CSS, and HTML.
- Interest in the construction, geospatial, and transportation industries is a big plus.
From a soft skill and personality standpoint, this person is:
- Empathetic to users and cares about their holistic experience.
- A strong, persuasive communicator.
- Collaborative in spirit, able to quickly learn about the requirements of a team and help to drive results for them (no egos).
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D