Regional Account Representative Northern Europe (Nordic Region)
Civil Engineering and Construction Division
The regional account representative (RAR) position provides a very specific focus on CEC Connected Site promotion including all machine control and Site positioning solutions. He will also be deeply involved in large regional projects and with main Regional contractors. The RAR will report to the Nordic Regional Sales Manager for direction and ensure the overall regional strategic goals are met.
The RAR will provide sales and application support for distributors and end-users in the CEC product portfolio:
• The RAR will increase market share through the development of Connected Site solutions to existing accounts and new customers. He will be able to develop customer interest in Trimble Continuum solutions to develop sales on the entire CEC solutions
• The RAR will sell through select and perhaps multiple channels of distribution and have large project involvement and will develop strategic key end-user relationships to ensure the successful sale of all Trimble products and services. He will have a strong field presence across DACH region
• The RAR is responsible for ongoing dealer development through the introduction, follow-up and ongoing involvement in Trimble’s channel development programs/workshops including ADEM, AFIN, Trimble Way, Dealer Action Reviews (DARs) and others as available.
In conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager, the RAR will participate in the development and implementation of regionally assigned sales plans.
The RAR will interface with distributor management, operations, sales, service and support staff:
• On-site distributor training in conjunction with the application engineers
• Job site demonstrations in conjunction with the application engineers
• Major account interface
• Customer acquisition: Joint sales presentations with focus on Educational Presentations reinforcing the Trimble Way methodology and process.
• Customer retention: Drive the Annual Review Meetings with key accounts in each dealer territory.
• Proper dealer staffing: Assist in the identification, procurement and subsequent training of distribution sales and application personnel.
• Evaluate market place potential for all served markets and customer segments using Data Analytics services as available.
• Assist in the development of and participation in, specific technical communications and training requirements such as Trimble Dimensions, Boot Camps, Construction News, and others.
• Ensure new product release involvement by all dealers including local strategy, training and proper inventory.
• Provide input on competitive products and activities primarily to the CEC Business Area.
• Assist in the identification and development of new distribution.
• Demonstrate a professional company image at all times.
Characteristics / Skills:
• Requires “Business people who can sell”
• Business, sales and domain knowledge in survey, civil engineering and/or construction
• Ideally experienced in Technology solutions for Construction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good listener to diverse audiences
• Self-starter; strong sense of urgency; strong time management skills
• Able and willing to travel +/- 75% to work in territory and other meetings as required
• Knowledge of markets and industries
• Understands customer and market segmentation
• Proficient knowledge of product and applications
• Demonstrated technical capability
• Strong relationship building skills
• Ability to:
o prioritize, act decisively, and not be distracted with trivial matters which do not directly affect the business
o find creative solutions to resolve complex, difficult problems
o focus on both long-term objectives and short to medium term execution
o prioritize and organize effectively
use personal computer and software applications (for example, MS Excel, word, etc.) for analysis, reporting and tracking
- work independently and collaboratively; manage multiple projects at one time
- Solid understanding of small business drivers and dynamics, and the challenges of fast growth
- Solid understanding of the advanced technology distribution business
- An adequate understanding of technology products and their value to the customer
- Strong analytical skills relating to markets, competition, financial and operational performance
- English fluent and a main local language are requested. Other languages would be a plus
Education / Experience:
• BS degree in Construction, technical engineering, or business-related field
• Proven consultative sales experience
• Experience in channel development and management