Title: Product Support Engineer
Location: Dayton, OH
Department: CTCT (Joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar)
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers, and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance.
The Product Support Engineer will be part of an international team providing support and quality initiatives to Trimble and Caterpillar. This position networks closely with CTCT internal project teams, as well as parent support and product groups, to ensure Trimble and Caterpillar continues to provide high-quality products to the earthmoving and paving industry.
- Responsible for timely problem resolution in worldwide support of CTCT machine control and guidance products
- Identification and management of emerging quality issues
- Customer Beta testing - equipment and site management, installation, training and support
- Creation of support documentation for distribution to parent companies
- Management of Trimble, Caterpillar and CTCT databases used in tracking product issues
- Providing input on support requirements to help shape product requirements early in the development cycle
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum Two Year Degree in technology related field
- Minimum 3 years of machine control technical experience
- Experience with CAN/J1939, Ethernet, and wireless communications
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Data processing computer skills
- Travel (including international / approximately 20%)
- Self-starter with a demonstrated passion for the business
- Problem-solving and time management skills
- Experience with GPS, machine control and guidance system design or validation
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude as well as manual dexterity to work well in bench test and machine test environments
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D