Title: DevOps Engineer
Department: Trimble Transportation (TT)
You will be part of an engineering team that focuses on the research and development of complex, mobile applications. You will be working with a team of dedicated engineers to create innovative solutions in a multi-threaded world. This environment is as close as it gets to a real-time operating system in the Android world, and it comes with high expectations for uptime and stability. The ideal candidate will be excited to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If you are passionate about technology then this opportunity is right up your alley!
The DevOps team plays a critical role in enabling Trimble Transportation to provide customers with our world class technology offerings. They are the glue that binds the TT products together. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity. This role will focus on DevOps automation and CI/CD development. While there is a definite hands-on aspect to this role, the ideal candidate will also lead projects, work with agile development and IT teams to provide solutions, and be a subject matter expert in DevOps best practices. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions.
· As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of TT’s software products which are hosted in collocated facilities and cloud services
· Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing TT’s platforms
· Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure
· Assist in coaching application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the microservices paradigm
· Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and audit-able processes
· Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments
· Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies
· Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of Trimble Transportations continuous integration environments
· Design and architect solutions for existing client facing applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS/Azure
· 3+ years experience with AWS and Azure
· 3+ years experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
· 4+ years experience with build technologies and tools like Packer, Rake, Ant, Gradle, or Jenkins
· 4+ years experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Mesos, and Swarm
· Experience with config/provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or Salt
· Experience in delivering and managing web or cloud-based services
· Experience SCM tools such as Git/GitHub
· Experience with cloud services like Amazon Web Services and related APIs
· Experience with scripting and automated process management via scripting, such as Go, Bash, or Python
· Experience with IaaS and PaaS technologies like Heroku, Azor, or OpenStack
· Experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ActiveMQ
· Experience with networking concepts like Routing, SNMP, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing, and VPNs utilizing products including those from Cisco, Brocade, Foritnet, and/or F5
· Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Splunk
· Sumologic, Datadog
· Administering Unix / Linux
· Agile methodology
The Trimble Transportation division exists to make the roads safer, greener and better for everyone. Our employees bring this to life through imagination, teamwork and a true passion to disrupt the status quo and drive the future of the industry. By using innovative thinking and technology, we create software solutions that protect fleet drivers and the people out on the road. We share a relentless ambition to find new ways to improve a fleet’s bottom line, while making the world a greener place. Join some of the most brilliant minds in the transportation field, working together to make a difference for our customers and the communities we serve.