Position: Software Engineer - Real Time
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Reports to: Development Manager
The Real Time Software Engineer will develop software and algorithms for a real time positioning system. The candidate should have experience with multi-sensor systems to be able to partake in systems engineering and integration tasks. This position also requires some travel to interact directly with OEM customers on system requirements and implementation.
· Develop software for multi-sensor mapping system
· Implementation of various navigation algorithms & testing - tuning of system performance
· Integration of various sensors including GNSS, Inertial, Optical and others
· System level testing, in-field testing and debugging
· Working closely with product managers to refine requirements
· Design documentation
· Participate in product life cycle development
· Travel to meet OEM customers to understand requirements, discuss implementation option
· Bachelor’s Degree or Higher - in Computer Science or Engineering
· Expertise in C++ and Formal knowledge of Real-Time systems
· 5+ years of Experience in system level integration or C programming
· Experience with GNSS & Inertial and positioning systems is a strong asset
· Strong interpersonal skills and a Team player
· Excellent communications skills & independent developer
· Experience with MCU (microcontroller) firmware programming is an asset
Founded on defense and aerospace industry expertise, and a Trimble company since 2003, our Position and Orientation Systems (POS™) have become the world's industry-standard for airborne, land, marine, and indoor mobile survey operations. With global reach, unequaled engineering excellence, and worldwide 24/7 customer support, Applanix leads the world in high-productivity in-motion surveying, direct data georeferencing, and robust mobile mapping. Applanix POS technology is now powering new revolutions in both autonomous vehicle
technology and mobile mapping in GNSS-denied spaces.
Applanix is committed to an Accessible workplace and provides an Accessible recruitment process. Please note that we can accommodate disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.