Data Privacy Engineer
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble Cloud is seeking a Data Privacy Engineer to build tools and processes to ensure individual divisions are compliant with data protection regulations such as GDPR and CCPA. This role, a blend of technical and business focus, will be reporting to the Senior Director of Trimble Cloud, and dotted line to the Head of Office of Data Protection. The primary location is Westminster, Colorado, but s/he will have a broad impact across the global enterprise.
- Build and maintain Data Protection service offerings that can be used by all Trimble divisions, including
- Tools and processes to ensure we're using personal data correctly
- Collaboration with Information Systems and Product Development teams to implement technical and process best practices in data protection across the organization
- Internal consultation, training, and assessments
- Leverage the framework of the Trimble Cloud organization, including leveraging other resources/services
- Be an evangelist for data protection throughout the enterprise
- Think broadly in your approach as new privacy regulations develop
- At least 5 years of experience, including 3 years of software engineering experience on public clouds such as AWS or Azure
- Experience consulting or technical pre-sales, or other customer-facing role is also desired
- Understanding of the IT and/or software engineering process and tools
- Understanding of best practices in data lifecycle management, security and data protection, and privacy
- Analytical, but pragmatic mindset and ability to simplify complex concepts
- Ability and willingness to learn more about data protection and deepen knowledge e.g. by taking certification exams and be the technical expert. CIPP or CIPT certification is a plus.
- Excellent (internal) customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal (to the right audience), with strong attention to detail
- Able to work with little day-to-day direction, working across multiple organizations/roles, on multiple simultaneous projects
- Quickly establish competence and trust with your (internal) customers
- Flexibility with working hours as your colleagues are located across the globe
- BS, MS, computer science, information systems or related experience.
- This is a new role, concentrating to support the newly established Trimble Corporation’s Office of Data Protection, so you will have a chance to create something new, but you will have all the support, opportunities and benefits of a big company and amazing, talented colleagues. This is a high visibility role.
- You will get to develop and take forward our data protection and concepts across the organization.
- You can provide leadership to the function and grow the team as the impact to Trimble increases.
You have the possibility to travel occasionally and meet your global colleagues and team members. Traveling may be needed on average once every two months, including international Trimble offices.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D