Trimble’s MEP Virtual Design Team is looking for Detailers (Plumbing, Mechanical / HVAC, Electrical) to aid in 3D design, coordination and modeling.
- Produce coordinated shop drawings for fabrication and field installation
- Create detailed piping/plumbing/sheet metal and electrical coordination drawings with other trades that comply with the local codes
- Identify conflicts with the architectural, structural and other MEP trades and present well thought out and cost effective solutions
- Review construction documents, product literature, specifications and cut sheets
- Effectively communicate with project managers, project engineers and other team members during the construction process
- Produce spool drawings that are clearly labeled and accurately dimensioned for pre-fabrication purposes.
- Participate in coordination and project related meetings
- Provide project managers or project leads weekly updates to keep aligned with project schedule
- Other responsibilities as needed by the organization
- Proficient in one or more of the following Fabrication CADmep, Revit, Navisworks Manage, Trimble PipeDesigner 3D, Trimble DuctDesigner 3D and/or Trimble SysQue
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environments well as independently
- Commitment to detail, deadlines and goal oriented.
- Possession of analytical problem solving abilities
- Autodesk or other CAD training certifications a plus
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- Nominal, occasion for training
- Solid understanding of construction industry and processes
- Work experience as part of a team providing BIM/VDC phase services.
- Knowledge of structural and MEP trades, shop drawings, common field problems and how to resolve them
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years previous commercial construction experience or or 1-3 years of service in BIM department for an MEP commercial contractor required
- Field experience in any of the MEP trades on commercial or industrial projects is preferred, but not required
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D