Android Technical Team Leader (SE3)
The main function of the Technical Lead is to Design, Develop and Maintain Software solutions using native Android. The Engineer is expected to technically lead a small team of software engineers.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
In this capacity, the Technical Team Leader is responsible for the technical output for assigned modules, sub projects or projects. These may be work done by him/ her or team members. The Technical Leader leads the implementation technically, driving the high/low level design, ensuring that implementation complexity in design / code / testing phase is addressed by the team. The Technical Team Leader shall also serve as the interface with other teams working on other components of the product.
The Technical Team Leader shall make use of well-established design patterns and architectures that suit the mobile platform and follow agile development processes. The Technical Leader is also responsible to perform unit testing of the code developed, perform system integration, bug fixing, develop user documentation, generation of relevant reports and review similar work done by peers.
The Technical Team Leader interacts with the product managers in Trimble to develop functional specifications for assigned portions, resolve design and implementation challenges and close issues reported on the product.
- Completely accountable for own work and quality of code and designs, test plan and all technical output of the team under supervision and produce status reports.
- Sub-Module level responsibility in large projects and Module (or component) level responsibility in small/medium sized projects and complete responsibility in small-sized projects, depending upon the complexity and decomposition.
- Decompose requirements into design elements, provide estimates and ensure that the requirements / design specifications are met.
- Decompose design elements into structured code, preparation and execution of test cases and development of test codes or test harnesses. Trace back through code, design and resolve issues and bugs.
- Participation in project management activities such as planning, estimation, scheduling and reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and product demonstrations.
- Responsible for highlighting problem areas (with enough time to act) and taking action to mitigate at own level or to effectively escalate to higher level(s) of engineering.
- Team performance management in a fair and timely manner.
- Ensure team motivation at all levels. Mentoring and training teams.
- Participate in reviews of work done by peers and provide constructive feedback.
- Be contemporary, by adopting technological and market evolutions.
Key Result Area
- Timely delivery of all work products that meet or exceed quality norms.
- High and Low-level designs.
- Coverage of test cases and test runs
- Work breakdown at the module level.
- Effective team management.
- Good understanding of operating systems principles, embedded systems, software architectures, software algorithms and software engineering principles
- Experienced in Application development in native Android.
- Experience in Android using Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience in Continuous integration using Jenkins or Bamboo or any other equivalent setup
- Proficient in Java and Object Oriented Programming
- Good working knowledge in Database handling
- Experience in iOS / C# / Xamarin is nice to have
- Ability to breakdown requirements and convert them into software design
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technically lead and mentor a team of 2 to 4 Senior SW Engineers & Software Engineers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Upbeat, highly motivated and self-starter