Title: Software Engineer C++
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Position and Orientation Systems (POS™) by Applanix have become the world's industry-standard for airborne, land, marine, and indoor mobile survey operations. With global reach, unequaled engineering excellence, and worldwide 24/7 customer support, Applanix leads the world in high-productivity in-motion surveying, direct data georeferencing, and robust mobile mapping.
Applanix technology is now powering new revolutions in both autonomous vehicle technology and mobile mapping in GNSS-denied spaces.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Software Engineer will play a key part in architecture design and implementation of the next generation office software. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of designing large scale software-producing architecture that balances user effectiveness, maintainability, modularity and reliability with run-time efficiency.
Key qualities we look for in a candidate include the following:
· Ability to analyze an existing software system, to understand its structure and to identify areas of improvement
· Willingness to take part in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
· Understanding of the balance between future development, current commercial requirements and backward compatibility
· Participating in the development of Applanix’s next generation postprocessing software packages
· Integration of C++ engine components with a C# presentation layer for interactive data processing
· Design and development of a new software architecture that better supports batch, multiplatform and cloud-based data processing
· Design and development of GUIs to support navigation data processing, display and reporting
· Design and develop new tools for analysis and visualization of diagnostic information from the navigation data post-processor
· Take a leading role in all aspects of commercial development, including requirements gathering, software design and implementation, licensing and tamper proofing, revision control, packaging and deployment, future proofing and backwards compatibility
· Support Quality Assurance team in development of improved methods for automated testing of software components
· Post-graduate Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Computer Science / Software Engineering.
· Expertise in various software development methodologies, DevOPS, and development tools (Agile, Atlassian, GIT, JIRA, TFS, .NET).
· 5+ years of software development and leadership in similar industries, particularly in the field of advanced software engineering application development for commercial products.
· Expert in C++ on various platforms.
· C# is preferred, but not mandatory.
· Experience working with large, heterogeneous code base
· Experience with Windows, SaaS, Linux.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a Team player.
· Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Applanix is committed to an Accessible workplace and provides an Accessible recruitment process. Please note that we can accommodate disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.