Sr. Software Engineer C++
Applanix, a Trimble company is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Richmond Hill (Toronto), Canada.
Position and Orientation Systems (POS™) by Applanix have become the world's industry-standard for airborne, land, marine, and indoor mobile survey operations. With global reach, unequaled engineering excellence, and worldwide 24/7 customer support, Applanix leads the world in high-productivity in-motion surveying, direct data georeferencing, and robust mobile mapping.
Applanix technology is now powering new revolutions in both autonomous vehicle technology and mobile mapping in GNSS-denied spaces.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Sr. Software Engineer will take a leading role in design and software architecture of the next generation office software. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of designing large scale software-producing architecture that balances user effectiveness, maintainability, modularity and reliability with run-time efficiency.
- Participating in the development of Applanix’s next generation postprocessing software packages
- Performance optimization of a navigation data postprocessing engine, including architecture, algorithm and file format redesign where needed
- Integration of C++ engine components with a C# presentation layer for interactive data processing
- Restructuring an interactive data processing workflow to better support batch, multiplatform and cloud computing
- Design and develop new tools for analysis and visualization of diagnostic information from the navigation data postprocessor
- Take a senior or leading role in all aspects of commercial development, including requirements gathering, software design and implementation, licensing and tamper proofing, revision control, packaging and deployment, future proofing and backwards compatibility
- Support Quality Assurance team in development of improved methods for automated testing of software components
- Mentor other team members in aspects of software architecture design for scientific data processing
- Post-graduate Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Computer Science / Software Engineering.
- Expertise in various software development methodologies, DevOPS, and development tools (Agile, Atlassian, GIT, JIRA, BitBucket, TFS, .NET, MS Expression).
- 10+ years of software development and leadership in similar industries.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity related issues such as use of open source & vulnerability.
- Expert in C++ on various platforms.
- C# is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience with Windows, SaaS, Linux.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a Team player.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Applanix is committed to an Accessible workplace and provides an Accessible recruitment process. Please note that we can accommodate disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.