This requirement is created for converting the intern to full-time role
The software engineer is responsible for working with the project teams (performing the marketing, applications, testing, and in some cases, manufacturing functions) to establish product requirements and develop fully tested software to meet established requirements. Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, working within the established process framework, and demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
Measures of Success:
- Performs software engineering within the process framework established for the project. This framework will describe how requirements are developed and analyzed, how changes are made to requirements, how engineering work will be planned and tracked, how testing will be performed, and the criteria by which the performance of the project will be measured. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Works with the project team, with the application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) and possibly with the customers, to establish achievable requirements.
- Works with the project team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed. During the development process, develops engineering effort/schedule estimates to support overall project scheduling, project tracking, and change control decisions
- Creates software designs, and implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements
- Participates in technical/design reviews as required by the project framework
- Maintains and archives design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the project
- As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing
- As necessary, performs or enables the ongoing support of software through the creation of design documentation or the performance of defect isolation and resolution
- Works with the author of product documentation to assist in the development and review of product documentation
- As necessary, provides engineering work products and documentation to manufacturing and document control as necessary for successful product release
- Other duties as required and requested by management
Skills & Experience Required:
- Educational requirements: BS or MS in engineering or computer science
- Experience working as a developer in a C#, .NET environment
- Experience in UI development, using tools like WPF and Windows forms
- A strong math background and experience with GIS / CAD softwares like AutoCAD and Revit is advantageous for this position
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on an individual basis
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming concepts and operating systems.
- Working knowledge of C++, C, ObjectARX, database knowledge, networking a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.