Job Title: Operations Controller
The Operations Controller is the key finance business partner in Europe when it comes to questions and challenges related to expenses and costs. He/she will work very closely with the business and the Financial Manager to reduce our expenses, increase our margin and improve our processes. The person will play an important role in the European integration of business systems. Additionally the candidate will be the local finance go to person in Bodegraven, Netherlands. The role has to travel at times (international).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Expense forecasting: rolling 3 months, 4 quarters and 3 years
- Control and forecasting of COGS
- Month-end close activities including variance analysis
- Participate and support local accounting tasks
- Integration work (systems and processes)
- Take part in constant improvement of systems, processes and reporting to help senior management make informed decisions and improve the efficiency of the finance function
- Being a trusted business partner & advisor
- Headcount analysis
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis and metrics in all areas of the business
- Drive data analytics, systems (e.g. proactive alerts)
- Drive automation of processes (e.g. for AP, recons)
- Supporting the Finance Manager in international projects and other ad-hoc tasks
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role in technology companies (preferably software)
- Bachelor degree in business administration or finance
- Detail-oriented self-starter with solid analytical thinking and excellent communication skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment and strong project management skills
- “Roll up the sleeves” self-started with the ability to both dig into the details and think strategically
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and formulas
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills
- Experience of Google Suite, Salesforce, Oracle and Cognos are a plus
What we offer
- A challenging and dynamic (international) environment where you can develop yourself depending on your ambitions & interests;
- A salary which conforms to market standards;
- Pension scheme, holiday allowance and 28 leave days per year;
- Participation in our global profit-sharing plan;
- Participation in our global Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Reports to: Finance Manager
Trimble Inc. (www.trimble.com
) a public company focused on positioning, laser, and optical technologies as well as engineering and construction software and services is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries. Due to geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow.
The Trimble MEP Business Unit
, which is part of the Trimble Buildings Sector
, is looking for a smart, hard-working Operations Controller to work closely with the Financial Manager of Europe and other senior members of the MEP organization.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.
#finance #emea #netherlands