Title: Product Owner
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Trimble Transportation is in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers both mobility, enterprise and visibility software tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. As the leading provider of Transportation Management Software (TMS), Asset Management Software (AMS), and Fleet Management Software (FMS) we are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimize operations.
- Prioritizes the product backlog items and coordinates with stakeholders including the Product Manager, the market, executives, and the team to deliver maximum value and quality to the market
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains
- Develops an understanding of the target market and user base; Uses this to guide product decisions
- Develops epics and user stories for all new functionality, presents user stories to product teams and ensures new functionality meets the acceptance criteria
- Partners with stakeholders to help define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) that delivers incremental value; Ensures MVP aligns with product vision and companies strategic goals.
- Works with Scrum team, Product Manager, Scrum Master, and other Product Owners to do release planning
- Works with other Product Owners to ensure dependencies are prioritized appropriately across teams
- Inspects, accepts, or rejects completed work from the sprint
- Communicates work in progress and upcoming work to key stakeholders
The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity and approaches problem solving, teamwork, and innovation with a positive attitude. This person has a very strong understanding of our customers, including the driving forces in telecommunications technology and own-domain product evolution. Must possess strong coaching skills and the ability to motivate teams and individuals around a common vision of product development excellence.
- 2+ years of relevant Product Owner, Business Analyst, experience in an Agile software product development environment
- Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Transportation industry experience
- Telematics product experience
- Usability testing experience
- Experience with schedule-based and feature-based releases
- Experience collaborating with UX resources to complete wire-frames/mock-ups with tools such as Axure, Visio, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience with iterative delivery
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO)
- Experience writing stories with the Gherkin language
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tool, such as VersionOne or Jira
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D