Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Measures of Success:
Trimble offers a unique opportunity for a skilled recent graduate to join the Trimble team as a part of our Information Systems Rotational Development Program. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your recently gained knowledge to rotate through 4 different positions within 4 different areas, providing you vast opportunities and great company exposure. At the end of this 24 month program you will continue your Trimble career in the position that best suits your skills and the business needs.
This is a full-time, salaried position, with benefits.
Rotations would generally include 6 months spent in 4 of the following roles:
- Analyze reported Telecom requests and issues. Present the issues in a tabular or graphical form to identify areas for improvement.
- Review existing Teleconference Conference Room instructions. Propose changes to enable more employees to make use of the advanced services, such as video sharing and effective use of multiple monitors.
- Analyze Telephone Call Quality data. Import the data set and present summary data in a meaningful way. Sort and filter the data sets by geographic or other attribute to identify new or existing problems.
- Manage a project to deploy Raspberry Pi units running VoIP and Network diagnostic test tools to 70+ Trimble locations in 15 countries. Work with our cloud VoIP service provider to filter/examine and alarm on failed test results.
- Support the Telecom Helpdesk. Triage employee submitted requests and respond to them with initial follow up questions or information to address their requests.
IS Integration Projects
- Participate in an Information Systems audit and fact-finding trip to a newly acquired company. Review their inventory of Information Systems. Develop a plan to integrate or migrate them to Trimble standard Information Systems. Task areas include network, systems and project management.
- Participate in defining and documenting the low voltage design of a new facility or area of a facility. This may include teleconference equipment, network appliance selection, UPS systems. The task includes working with floor drawings and system diagrams.
- You will be a member of a small team that will travel to an office site to connect them to Trimble standardized Information Systems. This may include physical network connectivity, server infrastructure and systems to include DNS, Email and other IS applications.
IS Help Desk Technician
- Global Support- Help users and our team where needed.
- create/update Documents in repository quarterly.
- Collaborate/knowledge share with team.
- Order Mac and Dell hardware and keep accessories stocked.
- Process chargebacks on equipment.
- IS Helpdesk Ticketing system
- Manage tickets in queue.
- Make frequent updates to your tickets to keep user and your team updated.
- Ensure tickets do not go past their due dates.
- Frequently check Tier 2 for new tickets for assigned region or global tickets that can be helped with.
- Support walk-ups/shoulder taps to the best of capacity.
Corporate Information Systems
- Monitor Systems support ticketing queue, take, and complete tasks as needed.
- Support Tier 1 and Tier 2 with tickets and issues when asked for advice or help.
- Create different types of Active Directory and Google accounts and groups.
- Process employee terminations with regards to account access and user's data per written policy.
- schedule and execute changes on web applications firewalls as requested by users, and in accordance with departmental process and procedure.
Characteristics / Skills Required
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture
- High attention to detail, with strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptable to change and ambiguity
- Proven ability to articulate thoughts verbally and in written form in a professional and organized manner
- Strong desire to advance and be challenged
- Takes ownership and sees assignments through to completion
Education / Experience Required
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Minimum 1 year internship or work experience required
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D