Job Title: VDC Project Manager, Mechanical
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Department: MEP Virtual Design Team
Overview & Specific Responsibilities:
- Professional BIM Services Project Management: Plan, model and sets the tone for exceptional customer relations.
- Design and track critical success factors to be integrated into Trimble BIM Professional Services processes.
- Lead design and subcontractor team members (i.e. design, detailing, scheduling, project planning, constructability, etc.) for specific BIM tasks.
- Develop and build relationships and networks with business partners including general contractors, major subcontractors, end-user decision-makers, and design partners.
- Identify new project opportunities while working with customers.
- Translate the clients' vision into design solutions and construction success.
- Gain input from key stakeholders during design processes.
- Develop opportunities to leverage BIM/VDC to improve project performance, differentiate Trimble from our competitors and maximize project outcomes.
- Develop and/or lead the preparation and presentation of project proposals.
- Work closely with customers to identify and clarify important factors to focus on to fully meet customer expectations.
- Craft communication strategies and key messages to address customer desires and expectations.
- Manage cost throughout; including estimate preparation, technical estimating, valued engineering, life-cycle cost analysis and budget and financial management.
- Develop detailed project coordination and baseline construction schedules.
- Ensure all approvals are obtained and ensure risk management requirements are met for insurance, owner contract and subcontractor requirements.
- Provide effective BIM/VDC phase services for two to five projects simultaneously or for larger more complex project(s).
- Mentors other team members and encourages career development and growth.
- Supervision, Coordination or Work Direction:
- Provide leadership to other team members in the company by displaying resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem-solving based on information and judgment. Ability to work with minimal assistance and supervision is required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with immediate team members, team members of General Contractors, specialty subcontractors, client managers, executives, customers and partners.
- Summary of the Expected Outcome(s):
- High quality professional level work product, a positive attitude and behavior traits, initiative and productivity are expected in this position.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A working background in construction trades or supervisory experience with a general contractor or large subcontractor.
- Must possess excellent working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks (Approximately 3000-4000 hours as a user and practitioner).
- Expertise in Autodesk Fabrication such as CADmep.
- Knowledge of Structural and MEP trades, shop drawings, common field problems and how to resolve them.
- Business development skills in landing new clients and work.
- Overall office and staff management. Effective work habits and placing integrity first.
- Risk management skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, initiative, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work according to standard instruction and established procedures.
- Ability to determine work method alternatives and technical work-arounds.
- Four-year college degree or extensive field experience in one or more of the following: Commercial Construction, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Estimating, or equivalent.
- Work Experience as an estimator, BIM Manager, Project Manager, Scheduler or Superintendent.
- Strong computer skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Microsoft Office and other Autodesk Building Design Suite products.
- Minimum of 5 years previous commercial construction experience required.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D