Title: Corporate Counsel
Location: Mayfield Hts, OH or Minnetonka, MN
Report To: Division Counsel, Trimble Transportation (Mobility/Enterprise/Visibility)
Position Overview: The Counsel will be an integral part of both the in-house team at Trimble Transportation supporting the Mobility, Enterprise, and Visibility business units, and the Trimble corporate legal team. He/she will be responsible for drafting and negotiating a variety of transactional agreements (e.g., subscription/SaaS, cloud hosting, software license, data services, channel, vendor, partnership, NDAs, etc.); providing advice and counsel to various departments on a number of legal issues; assisting with a variety of legal projects; and other legal duties as assigned.
· Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, primarily for our North American business units.
· Analyze legal issues and advise on appropriate legal action to be taken.
· Manage and develop a strategy to respond to subpoenas and similar requests, and to business disputes.
· Assist with the development of strategies and programs designed to reduce and manage risk.
· Maintain current knowledge and familiarity with laws and legal trends that impact us.
· Build and maintain positive, collaborative and professional working relationships with other members of the Legal team, the leadership team, and other employees.
· Assist with other matters as a member of the Trimble Legal team and as assigned by the Division Counsel. Other areas of responsibility may be assigned based on the interests and expertise of the candidate.
· A Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials.
· At least 3-5 years working with sales, software/SaaS, and technology contracts.
· Admitted to practice law in the state in which you will work, and in good standing.
· Superior communication and writing/drafting skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally for one’s intended audience as a business partner and problem solver.
· Strong relationship-building skills and business judgment.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team framework.
· Experience working in an in-house environment. Experience in transportation & logistics is a plus.
· Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity in dealing with novel legal issues and complex transactions in a faced-paced environment.
· Good sense of humor and an outgoing personality.
· Background and/or experience in data privacy issues is a definite plus.
Trimble Transportation, a division of Trimble Inc. (NASDAQ: TRMB), is a hardware, software, and SaaS provider in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers industry-leading mobility, enterprise and visibility products, software, solutions, and tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. We are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimize operations. Our solutions include safety and regulatory compliance; business intelligence and data analytics; navigation and routing; freight brokerage; supply chain visibility and final mile; transportation and fleet management; asset management; and fleet maintenance. For more information about Trimble Transportation, please visit transportation.trimble.com.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
#In-House Counsel, #attorney, #Corporate Counsel, #contracts, #privacy, #Software, #SaaS, #Legal, #Negotiation, #communication, #compliance