Title: Technical Trainer
Location: Calgary, Canada
Department: Trimble Oil & Gas Services
Trimble Oil and Gas Services (TOGS) is a leading provider of advanced location-based solutions for fleets across all of the U.S. and Canada. We provide to the energy industry a solution that allows the back office to communicate with the field, the fleet and operators.
We work with customers to understand their operations and goals with an emphasis on the following areas: Safety and Compliance, Fleet and Asset Tracking, Navigation and Routing and Video Intelligence.
The primary goal of the Technical Trainer is to become a Subject Matter Expert with regards to our software products and how they are best utilized in the Energy market. We are then able to consultatively advise customers on how to gain a robust return on investment from our solution and help them achieve their business goals.
The Technical Trainer will be primarily focused on the following: developing learning strategies to best support our training initiatives and to meet our customers’ needs, developing content and delivering training to our customers both on-site and on-line.
Work with the internal teams, such as, Product and Technology, to understand how the software works so that we can clearly document the functionality.
- Work with customers to understand how the technology will be used in the field so that we can document use cases to assist with user acceptance testing and the development of training plans.
- Act as the TOGS product SME and voice of the customer to direct instructional designers on how to build on-line courses for Learning Management Systems.
- Work with the Product Team to develop training content for new features and products that are on the roadmap.
- Develop a process for ensuring training content is continuously improved and up-to-date.
- Develop a process / tool for sharing training content both internally and externally.
Work with customers and internal resources to prepare training needs assessments prior to training.
- Develop the training agenda and modify any content as required to meet the customer’s needs.
- Conduct pre-training calls with the customer to set agenda, schedules and expectations.
- Deliver training course either in-class or on-line.
- Complete post-training documentation and surveys.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a software related field.
- Demonstrated verbal and written presentation skills with a wide range of audiences.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering training both in-class and on-line.
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing training content / documentation.
- A knowledge of learning and development strategies.
- Aptitude for technology and a comfort learning new products.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter who can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
Experience working in telematics or a mobile communication field.
- Familiar with the Oil and Gas Industry.
There may be some travel involved to customer sites on occasion.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D