Assistant Division Controller
Applanix, a Trimble company is seeking an Assistant Division Controller to fill an opportunity in Toronto, Canada.
An aggressive three-year growth plan, new revenue models, increased interaction with related companies, process and documentation improvement requirements, an ERP system that is reaching its “best before” date, evolving accounting standards and strong revenue growth has created the need for an Assistant Division Controller.
· Transaction Processing.
· Review complex hybrid sales orders (hardware, software, professional services, recurring revenue) and ensure revenue is recorded in compliance with US GAAP (ASC 606).
· Perform various analysis and testing as relates to revenue (e.g. FV allocations, SSP).
· Perform credit reviews on new customers.
· Develops, manages and ensures implementation of policies, procedures and internal control standards for maintenance of financial accounting policies and systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards and parent company policies, procedures and standards. Monitors to ensure compliance.
· Cash position monitoring.
· Reporting and Analysis.
· Directs five subordinate staff responsible for month end reporting to parent company, A/P, A/R, inventory control, banking, US sales tax, fixed/demo assets control, payroll and reception in a manner that ensures the integrity of accounting practices and protects financial assets.
· Performs General Ledger account reconciliations and prepares related journal entries.
· Analyses financial data and produces periodic reports for management and parent company consideration (eg fx exposure, capex, ASC 606 desktop procedures).
· Responsible for banking / credit card company relations and administration including working with Manager of Logistics to review letters of credit from customers.
· Liaise with various intercompany contacts to ensure transactions are processed in a complete, accurate and timely manner in accordance with company policies.
· Calculates quarterly sales commissions and communicates with payroll regarding amounts
· Identify and generate cost savings opportunities.
· Represent Finance on Operations Team, Salesforce Steering Committee, and Month End Sales Forecast review meetings.
· Represents organization in external business relationships with customers, suppliers, auditors and government.
· Assist Controller or other members of Finance or Management teams with development of business case to upgrade ERP system from Microsoft Navision to possibly Oracle.
· Adoption of new US accounting rules (ASC 842).
· Upgrading ERP system to handle new / intercompany revenue streams (including Cloud based), especially those of a recurring nature.
· Process improvement involving simplification, elimination and/or automation.
· Improving cost accounting as relates to labor and overheads.
· Automating Excel based business / forecast model.
· Automating Excel based price lists in ERP system.
· Involved in M&A activity.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
· Canada CPA designation with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience; US CPA designation very desirable.
· Strong technical accounting skills particularly as relates to US GAAP revenue recognition standards
· Experience reporting to a US publicly traded parent company.
· Experience with Microsoft Navision/Oracle/Hyperion preferred.
· Experience with complex hybrid product offerings (hardware, software, professional services,
· recurring revenue).
· Advanced Excel skills.
· Proactive, entrepreneurial individual, able to manage multi-faceted responsibilities and build strong relationships.
· Confident, but not aggressive, respectful of others, passionate about leaving things better than you found them.
Applanix is committed to an Accessible workplace and provides an Accessible recruitment process. Please note that we can accommodate disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.