Job Title: Senior Global Commodity Manager
Location: Westminster, Colorado or Dayton, Ohio
The Commodity Manager's focus will be Plastic Injection Molding and Electro-Mechanical Commodities. This is a key leadership position responsible for all aspects of Commodity Management activities, including:
- Ensuring continuity of supply for TNL factories and Contract Manufacturers to meet the scheduled requirements, and ensure support for upsides in demand.
- Driving cost reduction with the supply base to meet quarterly and annual targets. Tracking and validating savings flow thru, and preparing and presenting results to executive management.
- Supporting Development and NPI teams across Business Units to ensure Ramp Readiness SC contingency plans in place to support production ramp.
- Developing and nurturing key supplier relationships on an executive level, including managing executive reviews and scorecard cadence.
- Drive supplier performance and improvements through Score Card cadence, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage assigned commodities to support Trimble’s Products sourced and manufactured in multiple geographies to ensure the supplier’s performance meets all Trimble requirements.
- Develop and implement Commodity Strategies that provide BIC SC, cost and quality for the required performance.
- Negotiate supplier pricing agreements and contracts, including Supply Agreements, LTAs, VMI, Buffer, Material Float, Development.
- Drive supplier performance via QDRC cadence.
- Maintain subject matter expert skillset regarding supply base, trends, and market conditions.
- Identify and evaluate new suppliers to support future technical, and capacity requirements, and optimize total cost.
- Ensure supply chain flexibility, identify potential risks to production and implement contingency support plans including die banks, buffer stock agreements, and VMI programs.
- Monitor the financial stability of the assigned supply base, identify potential risks and develop contingency plans to ensure uninterrupted continuity of supply.
- Drive cost reductions through negotiations, global leverage opportunities, multi-sourcing, LCR strategies, design optimization, and yield improvements.
- Support Other Commodity Managers with tasks such as: Negotiations, Data Analytics and expedites.
Key Skill Set Requirements:
Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience managing all aspects of Purchasing and Supply Chain. Strong experience in all aspects of material and purchasing management with an emphasis on the following key areas:
- Background and direct experience in Operations, Direct Procurement, and Commodity Management supporting PLC from NPI, through production ramp and EOL.
- Technical background in Plastic Injection Molding, Mechanical Commodities, Batteries, and Interconnect including Blue Print reading and understanding GD&T tolerance, etc.
- Subject Matter Expert skills with Microsoft Office: Power user of Excel, Google Sheets, Smart sheet and must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Project Management scheduling software.
- Articulate written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting cross-functionally and to all levels of management, both internally and to suppliers.
- Strong team-building skills with experience working with Design Engineering, Operations, Finance, and other groups in a multinational organization.
- Strong negotiation skills with a demonstrated history of cost reduction results utilizing negotiations, reverse auctions, specification optimization, global leveraging, and yield improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated problem solving and mentoring skills including setting timelines and diligent follow-up to resolve problems and meet product operations requirements.
- Working knowledge of Quality Methods Associated with Designs of Experiments, Gauge R&R, Process Capability, and Statistical Process Control.
Education / Experience:
- BSEE/BSME or BS/BA Business with technical experience.
- CPM and/or CPIM certification and strong knowledge of MRP.
- Minimum 10 + years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement area.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Management.
- Ability to travel on short notice
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D