Job Title: Software Development Lead
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Surveying & Geospatial
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Trimble is recruiting for a Software Development Lead to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
The Geospatial engineering team is looking for a highly skilled, highly motivated Software Development Manager with C# .NET experience interested in working in a high-paced, agile and international development environment. This individual will be a key part of the team developing Trimble’s office software flagship for geomatics and civil engineering professionals in Westminster, CO.
- Understand, analyze, scope marketing requirements, align with product stakeholders
- Lead the local development team, monitor progress, adjust goals
- Ensure optimal work environment, develop employees careers
- Promote best practice, plan long-term maintainability
- Develop, maintain our desktop application
- Align work with our various centers of expertise, integrate specialized components into the software solution
- Full commitment to an Agile development process
Skills and Requirements
- BS or MS Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of recent experience in a full C# .NET environment
- 2+ years as a team or technical lead
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- True team player, reactive & proactive, motivated to work in a highly international environment
- Dedicated to investing in the right solutions rather than in the quick fixes
- Excellent problem solving skills, out of the box thinking
- Experience in writing and consuming web services (.NET Web API, ServiceStack, AWS, Azure, …) is desirable
- Background or experience with optical survey, GNSS, GIS, CAD, Civil Engineering, 3D scanning or photogrammetry are a strong plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D