This person will be a key member for the accounting function within the organization. This individual enjoys working in a growing, fast paced environment, and must be highly motivated and have the ability to balance multiple projects and tasks. The Senior Revenue Analyst will provide insight and suggest ways to improve revenue growth and bring to attention any issues regarding accounting or revenue recognition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze revenue recognition for SaaS based business which includes subscription revenue and services revenue by customer monthly
- Create reports and schedules to track revenue
- Meet with department heads and company executives to review revenue recognition
- Assist with the preparation and recording of journal entries related to revenue recognition
- Identify revenue control risk and develop and implement revenue control plans
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of their revenue control plans
- Ensure revenue policy and revenue recognition procedures are in compliance with relevant accounting guidance
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Prepare reconciliation for deferred and unbilled revenue
- Prepare supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule for some balance sheet accounts
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance
- Prepare, calculate and reconcile commissions for sales team
- Improve reporting proficiency and expand the use of NetSuite/OpenAir reporting tools
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in the accounting industry.
- Public accounting experience in SaaS industry is preferred, but not required.
- Must have experience with percentage of completion method of revenue recognition.
If you can accomplish the above then you have what it takes to be a successful Senior Revenue Analyst here at e-Builder!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace