Title: Member Technical Staff
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Department: Shared GNSS R&D
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com.
Trimble is seeking a GNSS Engineer to work as part of the Trimble GNSS development team in the Sunnyvale, CA office. In this position the applicant will work as part of the team responsible for designing, developing, and releasing GNSS positioning engines and related applications used in Trimble GNSS hardware platforms and other components. The position requires an individual willing to work as part of a motivated group engaged in creating state of the art positioning technologies for products to be used in current and future world-wide GNSS applications.
- Design, develop, and document precision GNSS positioning algorithms which include present and future satellite constellations.
- Ensure proper patent IP protection for newly developed technology.
- Design, develop, simulate, verify, and document software in C/C++ and other languages.
- Integrate and test software and receiver firmware in cooperation with other team members.
- Simulation and analysis of various receiver architectures using C/C++ and Matlab and implementation using FPGAs and embedded firmware.
- Core signal processing development in both hardware and software based GNSS receivers
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in GNSS positioning and/or estimation techniques (M.Sc. or PhD preferred.)
- Precision GNSS expertise, C/C++, Matlab, and real time embedded/firmware expertise
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D