Trimble is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join our Dayton Ohio team.
We are Trimble! We design, build and maintain roads and buildings. We survey land and subdivide areas into cities. We improve crop yield in farms to feed and fuel cities. We track vehicles that transport goods from point A to B to support the economy and feed cities. We have solutions that meet the needs of the ecosystem. This is the universe we live in and this is what we do. We transform the way the world works. www.trimble.com
The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for developing and managing transition projects from conception thru implementations, including:
- Developing Project Charter for stakeholder approval and support
- With Design Engineering, Business Area Project Manager / Ops Director, GCM, SQE.
- Developing and gaining agreement for test plan requirements with key stakeholders.
- First Article Package, PPAP, Application testing, Life testing, Environmental, etc.
- Validate current specification via Golden Samples FA.
- Review current documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform dimensional measurements of current material to ensure specification compliance.
- Update specifications and print as required (i.e. if they are not aligned with current production material) for Design Engineering approval.
- Track and coordinate supplier samples, FA package, testing, and Engineering approval.
- Processes MCO’s to add new supplier to Agile.
- Coordinate with Buyers and GCM for cut over plan and verify first deliveries from new supplier.
- 2 or 4-year Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years related Project management experience.
- Ability to read and update blueprints, including critical dimensions, stack up tolerances within a system, reference datums.
- Ability to perform dimensional measurements CMM, Optical Comparator, calipers, micrometers and all varieties of inspection measuring equipment.
- Experience working with 3D CAD Models.
- Strong working knowledge of Reliability, Environment, and Life Testing.
- Manufacturing Processes Engineering and SQE experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D