Title: Sr. VDC Consultant
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Department: Trimble Consulting Services
Reports to: Sr. Director of Consulting Services
Our AEC technology development and consulting practice provides leading edge solutions to the industry's most challenging projects. Our clients include some of the most recognized international architects, engineers, contractors, and owners working on some of the world's most ambitious projects. We engage with forward thinking clients and push the boundaries of art and science in project delivery. Trimble supports the adoption of BIM technology and processes through project based services, allowing teams to advance their use of these critical systems while meeting project schedules. We provide training and knowledge transfer as part of every engagement. Our project teams can innovate with confidence, while serving shared goals of highest quality, speed, and maximum value.
As Senior VDC Consultant you are responsible for the implementation of digital design methods and tools on a range of project phases and types, with a focus on advanced systems.
In conjunction with a Project Manager you will design and implement project solutions for architects, engineers and builders. Daily tasks include modeling complex systems and geometry, technology configuration, customization via scripting, and training both groups and individuals.
As Senior Consultant, you have developed advanced capabilities in multiple technical skills, and are capable of defining & leading technical missions. You have demonstrated advanced abilities to work with clients, communicate, and problem-solve, and are a valuable contribute to your team and the project team.
- Must be comfortable reviewing and if required modeling complex systems and geometry, technology configuration, customization via scripting, and training both groups and individuals.
- Have exhibited superior client-management and team-management and leadership skills
- Comfortable leading teams, defining goals from the perspective of the Trimble Client, and managing project schedules.
- Have demonstrated an ability to define and map key project processes, and continuously seek ways to improve and eliminate waste.
- Able to develop and host workshops, attend and actively participate in large project meetings to present and defend the deliverables of Trimble and those of its partners.
- Able to develop well-structured documents including scope of work, client communication, and written deliverables describing project vision, mission, organization and work plans.
- Ability to liaise with a Director on client management, project invoicing, and operations.
Measures of Success:
- Scheduling & Production Control
- Strategic Advisory
- Design Management & Coordination
- Supply Chain Integration & Logistics
- Process Mapping & Design
- PDS Workshop
- Process Implementation
- Surface & Wireframe Design
- BIM Production & Coordination
- Geometry Optimization
- 2D & CNC Output Production
- Construction Modeling
- Construction Simulation
- BIM Analytics
Skills & Experience Required:
· 5+ years of professional experience
· Graduate degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management
· Experience with Revit and/or digital design tools
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D