Trimble is currently seeking an exceptional Department of Transportation Account Manager for the Southeastern United States.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Transportation Infrastructure Account Manager in our Government Solutions business area covering; Texas, Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
The Transportation Infrastructure Account Manager will serve as a key member of Trimble’s transportation business strategy. The account manager has responsibility for driving new opportunities and initiatives with a focus in Roads, Bridges, Highways, and Rail. Candidate must be a leader in a cross-functional, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The Transportation Infrastructure Account Manager is responsible for all direct and indirect (partner) sales within the region with existing clients and is also responsible for identifying new opportunities in the territory. Trimble's Government Solutions business area sells hardware, software and services to federal, state, and local government entities.
The successful candidate will leverage their industry, business, and analytical expertise to support Go-To-Market strategies in the federal, state and local transportation market. Candidate will partner with and influence multiple senior stakeholders across the company to determine the most effective strategies and activities to drive brand awareness and demand for Trimble solutions in state government transportation infrastructure projects.
The candidate will possess knowledge of transportation infrastructure projects with an emphasis on selling hardware and software solutions for field engineering and operations, including project management software, mobile mapping systems, laser scanning, and construction instruments. Candidate should have experience in the selection process, integration and deployment of enterprise software applications within the State DOT landscape. The candidate will develop broad and deep relationships across all of the existing accounts. This position requires a highly flexible and driven self-starter with excellent communication skills.
Defined responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
• Communicate inspirational, credible, and differentiated story to existing & new customers in the defined territory
• Development and execution of federal, state, and local transportation market strategy
• Present at customer executive briefings and key industry forums Trimble’s Transportation vision and strategy
• Prioritizing large projects and target segments to achieve ongoing business growth
• End-to-end responsibility for entire sales cycle and process management for the region
• Identify, develop, & close high-dollar value deals and convert leads into active customers
• Use market knowledge, analytical skills, evangelism, product knowledge, and outstanding communication and presentation skills to sell and close business
• Work with internal team to develop customer Request for Information and respond to Request for Quote
• Seek and develop business in identified market areas and channels across the region
• Orchestrate prospect visits and demonstrations, analyze requirements, and present solutions both visually and in written proposal form
• Leverage Channel Partner ecosystem to further build territory and uncover incremental revenue opportunities for the Company
• Travel across Region >50%
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent education +experience
• 5+ Years of sales experience; prefer at least 5 years of selling enterprise solutions within the transportation space and/or government market
• Proven track record of quota attainment and large project deals
• Complex utility solution sales and relationship-based selling experience
• Demonstrated transportation industry knowledge and relationships - must be credible to C-level executives in the government space
• Technology background within the construction industry is preferred
• Energetic, self-motivated team player who can thrive in a "start-up" environment and help the Company grow and mature
• Creativity, ability to think outside the box and strong attention to detail is required
• Experience within a federal or state Depart of Transportation as an employee is a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise life cycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D