Trimble is recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing product support & training to resellers and end customers, as well as internal Trimble organizations, supporting our Civil Engineering and Construction business segments in the Americas and other regions as required. Travel requirements are expected to be 10-20%. Product/system technologies supported include, but not limited to SPS, MPS, and BX series GNSS receivers, Siteworks field software, data collectors, Trimble Business Center, Trimble Marine Construction software, legacy products, and other accessories and related third-party devices.
The Technical Support Engineer provides prompt assistance to business partners, resellers, regional service centers, end-users and internal Trimble teams relating to product information and technical support. This position also resolves some sales and service support issues. Success in this position involves the timely maintenance of technical and sales support related issues to reduce company costs and customer and dealer dissatisfaction.
- Provide fast and efficient customer service to business partners, resellers, regional service centers, end-users, and internal Trimble teams.
- Provide advanced technical sales assistance and technical support on problems of diverse scope, where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Provide training, job site demonstrations, installation and troubleshooting, including presentation of modular programs and customized classes for support and product issues.
- Provide new product input, field-testing and subsequent production release involvement.
- Develop specific technical communications as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities & Experience Required:
- Experience and strong competency with Trimble Construction products as listed above.
- Effective decision-making, planning, communication, and collaborative problem-solving.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience, ideally in a Technical Support environment, Land Survey grade procedures, or Bachelor of Science degree in Surveying (Civil) or Construction Management (Mechanical) or relevant industry experience. (Such as survey party chief, survey manager, Data Prep tech, GPS champion, etc…)
- Domestic and international travel required
- PLS certification a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D