Trimble is recruiting for an Electronics Engineering Technician to fill an opportunity in Victor, New York.
The technician will assist hardware design engineer in developing new products and modifying existing products' designs. Part of the job will be working on cutting edge products in the IoT (Internet of Things) arena. These products are primarily targeted for the water industry but the technology will be applicable across numerous markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Building, testing and modifying electronic prototypes.
· Collaborating with hardware design engineers and other personnel to identify, define and solve developmental problems.
· Reading and understanding electronic schematics.
· Using computers for testing products, writing reports and creating test procedures.
· Building, calibrating and maintaining test fixtures.
· Operating hand and power tools for disassembly and assembly of equipment.
· Work effectively both as a member of a team and as an individual contributor.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
· 1-3 years of experience in an engineering environment
· Prototyping and design background or education
· Proven ability to read and understand schematics
· Experience building test circuits
· Self-starter attitude
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D