Title: UI Designer
Location: Maynard, MA
The UI Designer will have a strong understanding of UI design and development principles. The ideal candidate will bring responsive, scenario-based & context-driven design approaches to deliver great user-centered design solutions. The UI Designer is responsible for authoring visual, interaction, and functional specifications in an agile UX environment requiring rapid iteration. To be successful, the UI Designer must collaborate with key members of Product Management and development teams (technical project leads, architects, lead developers, QA, etc...) to achieve design and delivery milestones for releases.
- Researching and analyzing industry UX/UI trends and strategies.
- improve, and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. Design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Gathering and interpreting insights from users to inform design decisions, proof of concept designs, & interactive prototypes for responsive web & mobile apps.
- Authoring visual, interaction, and functional specifications in an agile environment requiring rapid iteration, including UX/UI fit and finish per milestone. Artifacts including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, user scenarios, user-flows diagrams, and high fidelity and functional prototype illustrating presentation layer architecture.
- Evangelizing guidelines, standards, and best practices in desktop and web application design.
- Working with client and project teams to complete the information architecture and interface development processes for new production projects including a site map, wireframe layout, and template development/testing.
- Working with internal and client team to design and build user-friendly interfaces based on functional specifications.
- Participating in key internal meetings including design sprints, weekly status updates and planning sessions.
- Documenting ongoing progress, and status on work assignments in JIRA/Confluence and communicates these updates during daily status.
- Conduct & Facilitate requirements, design, and implementation reviews.
- Ensure all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/ archived appropriately.
- Presenting all documentation to internal teams and clients.
- Participated in large design initiatives from start to finish as a key hands-on member of a UX/UI team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch (preferred), Figma, Invision, Illustrator, Adobe XD
- Associates / Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions, i.e. examples of sketches, wireframes and final product.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry a huge plus.
Travel Required: Minimal
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
©2013 PeopleNet. All rights reserved.