Title: Product Specialist (Excavation Commissioning)
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance.
The primary responsibility of the Excavation Commissioning Product Specialist is to ensure that the hydraulic excavator, and similar, machine types meet the requirements for our machine control division. The qualified candidate must have a strong excavation machine background and understand how these machines work and what jobs they perform on construction job sites. An eye for the technical elements that allow an excavator to perform at peak performance is desirable. The primary focus for this role is to ensure the machine control system commissioning elements are appropriately defined, designed and implemented in our systems. The role will interface with other product specialists and managers, user interface experts, hardware and software engineers, test engineers and end customers. This role is the glue that ensures our excavation systems are easy to commission in the field yet offer the bleeding edge features we are driving at the overall product solution level.
- Accountable for ensuring all elements related to the machine control system commissioning phase is defined, designed and implemented in our overall solutions. This will include elements around system installation, system measure-up, calibration and performance tuning
- Ensure that the system commissioning and positioning accuracy meets the customer requirements
- Be the internal voice representing our end customers on the topic of system commissioning
- Taking the high-level product requirements and owning the detailed definition needed for the sub-system teams to execute their pieces
- Lead the Excavator area definition team
- Review Bill of Material and system level kits as they are being developed
- Performing system installations to ensure what is being designed and built meets the needs for our system commissioning goals
- Review system level functional specifications and provide input
- Assists with Trainings and Customer Events on an as needed basis
- Assist Engineering and Product Support on an as needed basis
- Travel would be around 5-10%
- 5+ years in product management or product development
- Earthmoving or Heavy Civil Construction industry experience
- Machine control, with emphasis on excavators, experience and/or a civil survey background would be a possible substitute
- A proven track record of being detailed and focused when it comes to problem identification and problem solving
- A proven team player
- Experience in working with geographically separated teams would be an advantage
- Willingness to get outside and get your hands and boots dirty
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D