Title: Software Engineer
Location: Coralville, IA, Plano, TX, Minnetonka, MN
Trimble Transportation provides technology solutions to the transportation industry, providing mobility, video and software solutions that give commercial fleet managers and drivers tools to streamline safety, efficiency and control. We strive to make the industry greener, safer and better. Trimble Transportations’ network communications, mobility and analytics products are used by major truck manufacturers and more than 3,000 fleets throughout North America.
We believe that one of the key factors that has contributed to our success is the quality of our people. We hire the best and the brightest—our team members share the company’s commitment to innovation and our dedication to customer service.
Position is responsible for documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clean code. Essential duties include:
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, work processes, investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures, updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational activities, etc.
- Protecting operations by keeping information confidential; preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Demonstrated understanding of programming concepts, practices and procedures and object-oriented concepts
- Demonstrated ability with C#, JAVA, communications systems, web services architecture and/or system level requirements capture
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Transportation domain knowledge
- Working understanding of Agile
- Experience with unit testing, Android, git, CI/CD experience
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.