Title: Electronics Engineer - Embedded Systems
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Department: Horizontal R&D
Become a member of a team of electrical engineers to design, develop and support board-level digital and analog hardware for high precision GNSS and Communications products used in Engineering and Construction applications . Activities include power supply design, battery qualification, embedded system architecture, detailed design, and mentoring. A successful candidate will be a seasoned digital electrical engineer with the drive and skills to create new products.
The position is for an experienced electrical engineering who will:
- Help develop integrated project plans, design objectives, implementation schedules and cost estimates
- Design power supplies for use in portable and machine applications
- Specify and qualify batteries
- Participate in mixed signal design of analog and digital circuitry and validation of GNSS Receivers and Communication products
- Provide guidance for overall embedded digital architecture
- Participate in board-level design and validation of electronic circuits including component selection, schematic generation, PCB layout, new product introduction support, engineering test, product qualification and system integration support
- Execute design validation test plans and participate in board-level and system level resolve/debug issues found
- Analyze, document and publish test results
Skills & Experience Required:
- BSEE or MSEE with at least 5 years’ experience associated with mixed signal, embedded board-level in a high technology environment.
- Understanding of electronic engineering fundamentals, comprehending schematics, embedded system digital circuit design, high-speed layout, DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices; and working understanding of instrumentation, control systems and power electronics and power supply design.
- Experience with developing project scope and project deliverables from product requirements provided by the marketing team.
- Successful designing, building and productizing power supplies
- Experience in building, debugging and testing electronic circuits
- Knowledge of serial communication buses (i.e., CAN, SPI, I2C),
- Familiar schematic tools and PCB layout techniques
- Familiar with the usage of oscilloscopes, meters, load and power supplies
- Self-starter and work with minimal supervision
We are Trimble! We design, build, and maintain roads and buildings. We survey land and subdivide areas into cities. We improve crop yield in farms to feed and fuel cities. We track vehicles that transport goods from point A to B to support the economy and feed cities. We have solutions that meet the needs of the eco-system. This is the universe we live and this is what we do. We transform the way the world works.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Trimble Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. In addition, Trimble Navigation Limited participates in the DHS E-Verify program. M/F/V/D